Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Being slow in the market will cost us. Silva said they had their targets already identified. Why aren’t we making moves for them? Buying Gomes still leaves us short on even last season’s woeful standards, because we’ve lost Zouma.

The link to the Barca GK seems strange. Maybe it’s Pickford who’ll be our summer transfer budget this time around.

Transfers aren’t instant. Marcel has proved he’s adept at the game of transfer chicken. The deals we want, that can be done, will be done.

Just because YOU haven’t been cc’ed in on every email you feel the need to prolifically wet the bed all over this thread.

Give over.

Risk you take but my point is everyone laughs off clubs like West Ham when if we were chasing someone like Gomez who's prolific in Spain for £30 million we would all be rightly optimistic.

People laughed off Wolves last season who finished above us. We aint as good as what we were years back and sadly these past 5 years of mismanagement under Martinez/Koeman/Walsh have allowed clubs like Leicester/Watford/Wolves/West Ham to catch up and now we are no longer clearly "best of the rest" chasing down the top 6 but more so in this little group of big spending but inconsistent clubs.

Gomez or a striker of that calibre is exactly the type of player we should be going for this window.

Im patient when it comes to transfers as you dont know whats going on behind the scenes but its clear the aim of this summer has to be quality over quantity.

A slow as 6.1" foot striker that relies on his heading ability...Don't we already have one of those?

Regardless I'd put him down as another soldardo personally. If we were after his type we'd be after mitrovitc, we're not move along.

Being slow in the market will cost us. Silva said they had their targets already identified. Why aren’t we making moves for them? Buying Gomes still leaves us short on even last season’s woeful standards, because we’ve lost Zouma.

The link to the Barca GK seems strange. Maybe it’s Pickford who’ll be our summer transfer budget this time around.
I remember a time where we were quick in the market. It was a glorious time, where transfers started pouring in just after the window opened. We were fantastically set up to start the season with everyone having a full pre-season, ready to hit the ground running, what a glorious window that was.......do you remember that one?

Because I do, it was 16/17, and we are still suffering from that window. The early days of that window saw players come in fast and furious, Sandro, Davy Klaassen, Cuco Martina, Wayne Rooney, Onyekuru(who has yet to play for us), with two successes, Keane and Pickford(up until midway last season Keane would have been on the first list).

Teams are ready, willing, and eager to part with the Sandros, Davy Klaassens and Old Wanye Rooneys of the world early in the window, because they know they may not sell at all. But good players for a decent value price usually dont move until late, because teams are competing for those players.

Its true - he's a LW and so is Richarlison who we forked out £40 million for.

At the start of the season Bernard was on the bench he only started when Richarlison was moved up top against Leicester and later on towards the season end with Richarlison out wide over on the right.

End of the day mate Its a squad game - having Bernard on the bench ready to replace either Richarlison or Neres would be a sign of strength/progression not something to be against.

Talking through ye arse fella

Bernard was and always has been seen as a squad player.

People forget he only played regulary once Richarlison was moved up top then out wide on the right as Tosun/DCL/Walcott were stinking the gaff out.

Richarlison ??? Neres

It would be that with Bernard and Walcott options off the bench.
for me bernie is one of our best players

the link up he has with digne on the left wing reminds me of baines and pienaar in their prime

Status
Not open for further replies.