Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh no, Big Villa overtaking us already as expected. We’ll be pushed down to 10th by Saturday after Newcastle sign Mbappe and Leeds bring in Lewandowski and win promotion.

Dont forget Sheff Utd signing Ribery!

Anyone ever heard the story that they turned down the chance to sign Maradona in 1980! lol

All joking aside, you could see quite a few of them doing really well in the SPL, but it won`t happen as even the likes of Rangers and Celtic can`t pay Championship level wages as the money just isn`t there.

Cuco Martina should go there as a social experiment.... and if he isn't voted the worst player in the league then UEFA should close down and disband the league

I'd be amazed if Sosa played much next season. He's played less than half a dozen games for River Plate

I agree that a proper 433 is the shape we should be moving towards and Sigurdsson is the player who is stopping us doing this, but I expect we'll be 4231 for most of next season at least
I still don’t believe that for a second. Sigurdsson can drop deep fine. We played 4-3-3 with Schneiderlin in there. Silva needs another DM that can physically dominate a midfield and support the attack. He can play in front of Schneiderlin.

No I’m serious they are asking for £16m for a loan fee plus £2.6m in wages for him. So just shy of £19m for one season with a 19 y/o kid that (although has shown talent when given chances) hasn’t had many senior team appearances in a league that favors tactical defending over physical.

And I don’t understand how being a Brazilian international has to do with anything in terms of him being being better or the fact that he is overpriced and valued the same as Lozano when Lozano has had 2-3 good seasons now and this was Neres’ first? I remember Jo being in the Brazilian squad for years even though he was absolutely atrocious.

Also I’m sure Richarlison picks his friends well but he’s not a scout. He’s 21 years old and doesn’t look at the club like a business like Brands does. All he could see is the opportunity for him to play with a friend while giving his friend a pay raise.
Neres had an outstanding year last year, too.

Youre calling me a mutant because you lacked the intellect to comprehend the post i made yesterday about his goals to games.

You havent seen him play...he wasnt amazing every game....unless on your computer maybe.

1: No one is paying that loan fee when he only has a year on his contract. Its nonsense.

2: Showing talent internationally e.g in a big tournament or over several games, increases the players value. Also Brazilians somehow carry a greater cache...

3: You cant say Neres is overpriced. Ajax and PSV are 2 different teams asking for prices for different players.

4: Perhaps Neres getting on with other players in our team is a trait we are willing to pay more for to forge greater team spirit?
1. Sorry but that’s what is reported so don’t know how to tell you that’s not the case otherwise.

2. Neres - Above the average in Eredivisie / mediocre in CL / couple international appearances
EBAC6C9B-7576-49CF-A073-51389139E8C3.jpeg

Lozano - Top 3 Eredivisie player / PSV’s best in CL with 2g:1g in the group of death / has been the main player and staple of Mexican national team through CONCACAF and WC
77B7BE1A-CEC7-4BDE-99C2-E31D1BBDC7BE.jpeg

3. Yes Neres is overpriced. What the teams ask is in no way related to their true value. Asking price > true value = overpriced (simple physics again). You are right PSV and Ajax are separate team but that’s completely irrelevant and a mute point when they are both participating in the same market so failing to see any point in that statement?

4. Hell if team spirit is worth £40m I’m sure @davek is worth at least £5m then and should’ve offered him a contract yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.