Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't want to sell Holgate, Lookman or Tosun to be honest

The rest though bar McCarthy and Walcott will struggle to find a club

I agree with you about Holgate, lookman and Tosun, but I think they will all find clubs, but I don't think many will command a transfer fee, some will probably just go on loan to smaller leagues abroad or the championship. The issue with that is loan deals are often at the back end of the window and we need to sign the new players before then ideally. From what I have heard though some of the outgoing players have loan deals lined up, and they will go back on loan, unless someone comes in for them with a transfer offer before the deadline.

All gone quiet on Sosa. Will be interesting to see how Silva sets up the midfield if we get him and Gomes.

Would love us to move to a proper 3 in midfield with Siggurdson being binned off, Sosa distributing from deep and Gomes and another playmaking ahead of him.

All gone quiet on Sosa. Will be interesting to see how Silva sets up the midfield if we get him and Gomes.

Would love us to move to a proper 3 in midfield with Siggurdson being binned off, Sosa distributing from deep and Gomes and another playmaking ahead of him.
Seem to be just waiting for this permit, i can see it falling apart knowing our luck tbh

I'd be amazed if Sosa played much next season. He's played less than half a dozen games for River Plate

I agree that a proper 433 is the shape we should be moving towards and Sigurdsson is the player who is stopping us doing this, but I expect we'll be 4231 for most of next season at least

And drop Gana???

Get beat about 18-0

Nah, need to cast off our fear of actual footballers in midfield. Had it during the Moyes years as well, a complete aversion to Arteta Osman or Pienaar plying in the middle together ye the odd times they were forced to due to injury we always played really well. I remember Osman and Arteta absolutely bossing United at Goodison in a midfield 2. Huge hulking defensive midfield crabs have got us absolutely nowhere recently.

The best midfield in the league has 3 diminutive players with no pace or strength at all yet they are three top players with footballing brains and tactical intelligence. I’d much rather have that than watch combinations of Gueye Schneiderlin and Siggurdson struggle to string passes together but come out with good stats because Gueye made loads of tackles (because we’re not in possession) and Siggurdson made the most key passes (because no one else in the midfield is capable of making any).

Status
Not open for further replies.