Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
One would hope Moshiri as he's top dog. I'm guessing (because i don't actually know) you don't become or stay a billionaire by making the same mistakes every 6 months, you learn from them so at some point if those responsible for our transfers dealings are constantly falling short you'd hope he'd ask the questions and take the required action.
For the record i think we've had a good window, a massive summer of change but despite the money and progress we've made we are still here 2 days before the window closes no closer to signing a player in the one position we desperately need.
Cracking answer

At the end of the day if we sell Barkley to Chelsea in the end, what we have effectively done is over 2 seasons sold our 3 prized assets in Stones, Lukaku and Barkley to 3 teams above us that we've been trying to catch up with.

At the end of the day it's night lol mate I get what you mean but all 3 ALL 3 wanted to go no matter.

If this sell to buy thing comes into equation then they're is plenty of questions ahead.

At the end of the day if we sell Barkley to Chelsea in the end, what we have effectively done is over 2 seasons sold our 3 prized assets in Stones, Lukaku and Barkley to 3 teams above us that we've been trying to catch up with.

We also offered them all contracts but they wanted to leave. There's only so much you can do

Had no choice, they wanted out otherwise they would all still be here.

People keep using this as a stick to beat our board/manager, simple answer is, they tried very hard to keep them.

Lukaku is the only one who's improved those teams.

At the end of the day it's night lol mate I get what you mean but all 3 ALL 3 wanted to go no matter.

If this sell to buy thing comes into equation then they're is plenty of questions ahead.

I understand where all of you are coming from. I'm just stating the reality of the situation.

We tried very hard to keep Stones, and I think we would have kept him too if our fans didn't boo and terrorise him into oblivion. (The incident where some 'blues' made the lad cry as he was going about his day outside of the footy).

I think we are further away from closing the gap on those teams now, than we were one season ago. Obviously this is the pessimist in me speaking, but I can't help but feel that way and I hope that we can pull the rabbit out of the hat in these final hours of the transfer window to improve the situation.

Also, plus 1 for the joke Matt lol.

I hope so, I hope we have a plane ready for him again and the flight tracker shows that Everton have plotted a course that spells 'LOL', we then land him back in London and let him sit on Spurs bench until Newcastle come in for him in January.
And as he desperately tries to ring Koeman, I hope he's working on his golf swing.

I am a little concerned with the style of team we are putting together. A static target man type added to what we already have is not what we need in my opinion. We are desperately lacking pace/movement

think we need both, with sigudsson you would have to think a target man would be needed to get the best out for him and also legs for rooney, so possibly two striker as I can't see anyone available that has both abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.