Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
..not sure if any deal would restrict him playing in European games if it could impact him turning out for Atletico later this season. I'd be happy if he joined us by the way.

As soon as I posted, I wondered if there would be any UEFA strings attached.

E_Quvg.gif

..Chelsea agreed a fee with Arsenal for Oxlade-Chamberlain. Not sure if this impacts their interest in Barkley. I presume this is as much about homegrown players quota as it is playing strategy.

That's not discussing it though is it? It's posting the most obvious negative thing you can find.

But you're a big fan of that so really not shocked.

Can't wait for you or someone to post it again.
It's something that starts a conversation amongst supports. Sometimes unfortunate ones, like this one.

Wouldn't say I'm a big fan of negativity. I want the best for Everton. On the whole we've done good business. I just think leaving the most important signing we need to make until last isn't good enough.

I think you'll be seeing it posted a lot over the next few days. I wouldn't bother opening the thread, though, it seems to rattle you.

The fact that we're scrambling about with three days to go of the window for a forward, having spent £140m, is embarrassing.

Terrible management from all involved.

It was the position that needed filling as quickly as possible.
You say this but if we had signed a forward and not a keeper for example you'd still be saying it about that position

The fact that we're scrambling about with three days to go of the window for a forward, having spent £140m, is embarrassing.

Terrible management from all involved.

It was the position that needed filling as quickly as possible.

I'm not happy either ...... I thought that i would be able to give Transfer Deadline Day a miss but now find that i will have to stay up late :(

Costa would be here till the begining of January would probably not play till the middle of September i make that three and half months not six..
Then we would need a striker again, dont get me wrong i would love him here a proper c/f. But for that short time its a no from me.

If we stand a chance of signing him longer term it'd be great.

I'm not against Costa at all, quite the opposite. I'd love his snide here.

But I have reservations about a four month loan and then trying to replace him in Jan, that's all.
Need season Long loan or no use !

After witnessing the crap show that was this Sunday, I think I can swallow my pride. In fact, I never had pride. Get in Diego you snide rascal

If that's our only option, I guess we'd have no option but to swallow our pride. I'd much, much prefer somebody who we can try and build a team around, though.

Only if Athletico fall out the CL and go in the EL after Christmas, Eggs.

We established a while ago that playing in one or other of the European competitions does not cup tie a player to play in the other one.

Ergo if Costa played EL football for us in the group stage, he could play for Athletico in the CL knock out rounds.

..I understand that, Matey, but the sensible precaution would be to include that provision in case Atletico dropped into the EL.

Status
Not open for further replies.