Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a good call but, in my opinion, we need to sort out a centre forward as a priority. Another centre half is needed but a centre forward is a "must".

Agree.

Davies would be an ideal signing.

Centre forward is going to be a struggle at this late stage. Of the 5 who regularly get mentioned on here

Giroud
Benteke
Vardy
Deeney
Costa

Giroud seems to be the popular choice, but has said he happy to get splinters all season on Arse's bench.

Costa is just a smoke screen for the club to say " we tried, but a deal cudn't be reached"

That leaves Benteke, Deeney and Vardy

Of those, i'd take Vardy, better work rate than Benteke, more goals than Deeney.

Ben Davies and Jamie Vardy for me.

Haha. Dendoncker. Those in here reckon he's our Messiah. Bet hardly any seen a minutes football from him. Squad player at most. Rather get Smalling who knows Prem and has winning mentality.

Smalling is very right footed, not really what were looking for.

Shows what you know, the lad is a midfielder, why would you want Smalling instead?! And Dendoncker would be a squad player at first but he would get games. He's a really good talent and player, that's why likes of Man Utd & Monaco want/wanted him!

Never professed to know about him. That's my point. Never seen him. Belgian League is dogwank mate. If he bosses it in midfield there then he'll be a squad player here. Nothing more.

And I'd take Smelling anyway.

So utd and Monaco want him, but we will get him? Hmmm okay.

Dendoncker as said a move to us and the chance to work for Koeman appeals to him so I'd say we would have a chance. Man Utd now they have Matic don't need him and Monaco have plenty of cash and need to sign players and I'd imagine he'll end up there but if we've had a long standing interest in the player, I'd of thought we would of gone in for him as he can play 2 positions where we need a player, CB and DM.

Benteke is proven good age will score goals that's what we need but The price may be a problem place will want 50-60 I think having only bought him last season for 30 mil

Never professed to know about him. That's my point. Never seen him. Belgian League is dogwank mate. If he bosses it in midfield there then he'll be a squad player here. Nothing more.

And I'd take Smelling anyway.

What about Tielemans then? Would he of been a squad player for us? He bossed games in Beglium and he's doing that at Monaco now!....

Benteke is proven good age will score goals that's what we need but The price may be a problem place will want 50-60 I think having only bought him last season for 30 mil

£45-55m I reckon. They only paid £27m for him originally so I reckon £40-50m plus would be about right for him but would we pay that? I'd have him if I'm honest. Play to his strengths and you get the best out of him, both Lambert and Allardyce did and he was an handful and got goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.