Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Costa in a Derby would be hilarious and (more seriously) is someone who isn't intimidated by them. Rather the reverse, he'd get right in their faces. Big game players are few and far between. He's one, regardless of what one might think of him.
(Personally I think he's horrible, but I'd take him in a heartbeat).

.....the clock is truly counting down, approximately 5 days and 16 hours left to do any transfer business. Here's what's in the rumour columns this Saturday morning;

- The Express and various other outlets say Chelsea plan to hold talks this weekend with Everton over a £30m move for midfielder Ross Barkley.

- 4th Official continue to link Everton with Benfica's Mexican striker, Raul Jimenez. Newspaper, Corrieo de Manah, reports Everton and West Ham are preparing offers of 30 Euros for the player.

- NBC Sports quote Everton boss Ronald Koeman saying the club would give a "warm welcome" to any top player, and reference it to Chelsea misfit Diego Costa.

- According to Turkish Football, Fenerbahce have lodged a £1m season long loan bid for Everton striker, Oumar Niasse.

- The Daily Mail says Everton are considering a move for Cardiff's Danish striker, Kenneth Zohore.

I just want to say a big thankyou to Eggs, I don't really read the transfer thread, aside from scrolling back to around 5am daily and scan through until I see the (more and more upsetting) transfer thread.

It's not your fault that it's been guff the last few months, but I'm going to blame you! :D

Costa in a Derby would be hilarious and (more seriously) is someone who isn't intimidated by them. Rather the reverse, he'd get right in their faces. Big game players are few and far between. He's one, regardless of what one might think of him.
(Personally I think he's horrible, but I'd take him in a heartbeat).
Add Rooney to that scenario too. We look a different beast already this season. Monday and Thursday have shown that simply by how they are working as a unit and keeping their shape when under pressure. Our side under the previous manager would never have got that draw on Thursday after going behind and would probably have lost at City after conceding the late equaliser. We don't crumble under Koeman now and I hope the odd occasions it happened last season become fewer this with him having players he wants.

Apparently looking at Artem Dzyuba at Zenit? Nope never heard of him either.

Here's a video anyway

Suggested Dzyuba in January. Thought he would be a good fit for koemans style of play. Think it was @bluestevon who said that he was a big lump who wouldn't be good enough.

If I'm honest I doubt we would actually go for him, interesting to see him linked though if true. Certainly a presence up front, imagine him on the end of Gylfi's set pieces...

Status
Not open for further replies.