Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is shocking that we have not signed a striker to replace Rom, as mentioned in my other thread " is anyone else worried"

Everton knew Rom was leaving way back in Feb.

Every game we have played this season we don't look like scoring, we look like we huff and puff and have got lucky a few times.

Mark my words we will struggle with DCL as main striker, he is not a finisher

.....the clock is truly counting down, approximately 5 days and 16 hours left to do any transfer business. Here's what's in the rumour columns this Saturday morning;

- The Express and various other outlets say Chelsea plan to hold talks this weekend with Everton over a £30m move for midfielder Ross Barkley.

- 4th Official continue to link Everton with Benfica's Mexican striker, Raul Jimenez. Newspaper, Corrieo de Manah, reports Everton and West Ham are preparing offers of 30 Euros for the player.

- NBC Sports quote Everton boss Ronald Koeman saying the club would give a "warm welcome" to any top player, and reference it to Chelsea misfit Diego Costa.

- According to Turkish Football, Fenerbahce have lodged a £1m season long loan bid for Everton striker, Oumar Niasse.

- The Daily Mail says Everton are considering a move for Cardiff's Danish striker, Kenneth Zohore.

I think it is shocking that we have not signed a striker to replace Rom, as mentioned in my other thread " is anyone else worried"

Every game we have played this season we don't look like scoring, we look like we huff and puff and have got lucky a few times.

This will be like the 2004/2005 season. We won't score many goals and it won't be pretty at times but we will sneak into the top 4. DCL will play the role of Marcus Bent.

.....the clock is truly counting down, approximately 5 days and 16 hours left to do any transfer business. Here's what's in the rumour columns this Saturday morning;

- The Express and various other outlets say Chelsea plan to hold talks this weekend with Everton over a £30m move for midfielder Ross Barkley.

- 4th Official continue to link Everton with Benfica's Mexican striker, Raul Jimenez. Newspaper, Corrieo de Manah, reports Everton and West Ham are preparing offers of 30 Euros for the player.

- NBC Sports quote Everton boss Ronald Koeman saying the club would give a "warm welcome" to any top player, and reference it to Chelsea misfit Diego Costa.

- According to Turkish Football, Fenerbahce have lodged a £1m season long loan bid for Everton striker, Oumar Niasse.

- The Daily Mail says Everton are considering a move for Cardiff's Danish striker, Kenneth Zohore.

I know it's Niasse but Jesus Turkish teams take the proverbial piss. Always want to loan players for piddly amounts and then never buy them. I remember they were a complete pain in the ass over Yobo.

Wake me up when it's all over

Surprised we haven't been linked with Luke Shaw - it's the one position (other than striker obviously) that we haven't got any cover at all for.

I would love Costa to sign, even just for 6-12 months as a stop gap until we can buy a permanent striker who will do the business.

And why not Van Dijk? Surely the lure of Koeman and the Europa League would help persuade him along with the money we could offer. Arsenal touted as being favourites to sign him now but, at this moment in time, I don't think they can offer him more stability than us. They're plummeting like a stone while we are most definitely on the up!

Surprised we haven't been linked with Luke Shaw - it's the one position (other than striker obviously) that we haven't got any cover at all for.

I would love Costa to sign, even just for 6-12 months as a stop gap until we can buy a permanent striker who will do the business.

And why not Van Dijk? Surely the lure of Koeman and the Europa League would help persuade him along with the money we could offer. Arsenal touted as being favourites to sign him now but, at this moment in time, I don't think they can offer him more stability than us. They're plummeting like a stone while we are most definitely on the up!
Arsenal may be not what they were but plummeting like a stone...no. Already got one piece of silverware too.

Warnock said in his press conference yesterday that it would take a bid of £30m for Zohore to go so he is out.

If you started a thread specifically about this, then why come trawling in this one? People wanna comment surely they'd just go the other thread?

As for every game this season we haven't looked like scoring, would that be the six games we have played so far when we have actually scored in all six?

If you started a thread specifically about this, then why come trawling in this one? People wanna comment surely they'd just go the other thread?

As for every game this season we haven't looked like scoring, would that be the six games we have played so far when we have actually scored in all six?
I am trawling this in hope that someone has heard some news that we are after a striker.

As for the games we have played the opposing goalkeeper has not exactly been busy, apart from the wonder strike the other night what did their goalie do? This can also be said of Man City & Stoke

I am trawling this in hope that someone has heard some news that we are after a striker.

As for the games we have played the opposing goalkeeper has not exactly been busy, apart from the wonder strike the other night what did their goalie do? This can also be said of Man City & Stoke

Crack a can and just wait for something to pop on Everton's twitter account then.

I'm not Shaw's biggest fan, however he would fit the mould of some of the other signings Koeman's made, thinking of Bertrand in particular.

In the world of inflated and insane prices there's a lot to be said about taking other clubs caste offs. A loan might work for both parties and Koeman can see if he has some hunger.

Status
Not open for further replies.