Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if been posted before in Barkley thread but with Onomah being sent on loan at Tottenham does that make way for Ross to go to Spurs?

I think Keane will prove to be a very shrewd signing, Pickford has great potential and I think Rooney will prove to be a good move. The window is still open so let's wait and see, but it's great to see Roberto's tat going out the door, some real rubbish gone, just Niasse left.

I was there last week. Only met one fellow Blue and the first question they asked was had we signed Gylfi yet?? lol
I met a blue on Thursday trying to watch match. Watched it on phone via pub's wifi first half then 2nd half in a different pub. He gave me lift as he had his 2 kids with him. Top bloke.
Discussed all current issues plus a trip down memory lane too.

Of course he does. I still find it unreal that everyone thinks he's some holding middy or that he plays the same position as Klassen.

Need a target guy now - although I wonder, if Ross, McCarthy, Niasse, and Robles would get gone, we'd be in a pretty favorable cash position beyond where we are now. Hell, we could buy Benteke AND VVD!!!!!!

He might not though, Koeman may want a more attack minded central midfield in his preferred 4-3-3 system?! Look at Ajax last season, they had both Klaassen and Ziyech as a pair ahead of a sitting midfielder in the midfield 3. Maybe Koeman is thinking of playing both Sigurdsson & Klaassen in central midfield ahead of Schneiderlin more often than not?!

I'm hoping its 2 forward players aswell as Sigurdsson as we definitely need a pacey attacking option, preferably a wide forward player whose versatile aswell as a target man CF.

---------

Seriously Benteke is not that good ..
if we need a cf striker we need 3 things
Speed
Power
Height

Giroud lacks because of pace

What we really need is

Kasper Dolberg

And that just isn't gonna happen this summer, unfortunately....

And Benteke is a good player. His record is up there with Girouds who seems to be our No.1 CF target, similar amount of premier league goals, similar amount of headed goals. And he's got a decent turn of pace and he can hold the ball up and on his day be a beast. I'd actually prefer Benteke as he's got age on his side but I don't think he can be got at. Giroud possibly can but that could be very late on in the window. If it's not one of those 2 we can get, it'll be interesting to see who we do go for?!

Pickford is the best of the lot.
Potentially the best keeper in the league in the next few seasons.

I think we have spent well. Few iffy squad fillers in Martina and Rooney to a certain extent but the bigger buys will improve us.
Completely agree but can't help thinking if we really push before the window shuts we can really make strides into the top 6. Currently can't see us breaking in personally I'd sell McCarthy pay the £34 million for dendocnker and put some real pressure on Schneiderlin & gueye then if giroud isn't coming offer Ajax the money for dolberg.

He won't be ready but he doesn't have to play every week we have Rooney Sandro & Calvert lewin.

It not ideal but he really is one for the future and I think come the season end we will have zero chance of getting either player.

Haven't got a clue who we sign striker wise if both Giroud and Benteke are off the table

We might actually even end up with Rondon at this rate. I was only joking Everton FFS

Agree mate, who would we go for if it isn't one from Giroud or Benteke? There's no real noises in the press or anywhere with regards to other strikers we could possibly have an interest in. No doubt we've got more strikers on our list than both Giroud & Benteke but to guess who is tough. Would Dembele be an option? William Jose? Bas Dost? Schick? Kalinic? It's anyone's guess who we could go for...

EVERTON
Strength - Creating chances using through balls

With only Chelsea and Manchester United registering more assists from through balls last season (six), the Toffees profited from the vision of a number of players, though interestingly want away Ross Barkley was not among them in that regard. The signing of Davy Klaassen, who picked up nine assists last term, will add further creativity to the midfield.

skysports-phil-jagielka-everton_3949492.jpg

Phil Jagielka gave away three penalties last season
Weakness - Fouling in dangerous areas

With the likes of combative midfielders Idrissa Gueye, Morgan Schneiderlin and Gareth Barry in the ranks, fouls are an inevitability but Everton conceded too many in their defensive third. Only Jose Fonte conceded more penalties than Phil Jagielka (three) last season. The arrival of Michael Keane as an heir apparent to the captain could be a move to remedy that issue.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...eague-clubs-strengths-and-weaknesses-revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.