Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This....if its sell to buy then we should have sold a few already and gone for CB/LB. Its the clear weakness in the squad.

We have: Sandro, Rooney, Bolasie, Mirallas, Lennon, Barkley, Niasse for the 3 attacking positions, 7 Players????
Then Dowell, Lookman and Calvert-Lewin makes 10 players for 3 positions???

In CB we have Keane/Holgate on the right and then Williams/Jags on the left...Totally bizarre.
At LB a past it Baines and a kid in Connolly.

If its sell to buy then we should have sold a few already and gone for CB/LB. Its the clear weakness in the squad.

It makes no sense to me why we haven't sold a bunch of players but its showing now that signings have stalled as theres no money in the kitty or were unwilling to spend.

Its just bizarre to go into a season with such poor options at LCB and LB compared to the rest of the squad. 10 attackers is lopsided as heck.

I feel some are jumping the gun a tad and getting their knickers in a twist.

We will sign a centre back, we will sign a striker, we will sign Gylfi.

From the list of players above, you can discount a few of those for various reasons. We are supposed to be strengthening the squad and some of them will be very surplus to requirements.

I feel everybody is jumping the gun a tad and getting their knickers in a twist.

We will sign a centre back, we will sign a striker, we will sign Gylfi.

From the list of players above, you can discount a few of those for various reasons. We are supposed to be strengthening the squad and some of them will be very surplus to requirements.

i can assure you that is not the case.

This....if its sell to buy then we should have sold a few already and gone for CB/LB. Its the clear weakness in the squad.

We have: Sandro, Rooney, Bolasie, Mirallas, Lennon, Barkley, Niasse for the 3 attacking positions, 7 Players????
Then Dowell, Lookman and Calvert-Lewin makes 10 players for 3 positions???

In CB we have Keane/Holgate on the right and then Williams/Jags on the left...Totally bizarre.
At LB a past it Baines and a kid in Connolly.

If its sell to buy then we should have sold a few already and gone for CB/LB. Its the clear weakness in the squad.

It makes no sense to me why we haven't sold a bunch of players but its showing now that signings have stalled as theres no money in the kitty or were unwilling to spend.

Its just bizarre to go into a season with such poor options at LCB and LB compared to the rest of the squad. 10 attackers is lopsided as heck.

We haven't got 10 'attackers' though have we

Niasse isnt even considered a member of the squad
Lennon would have been shipped out if the negative PR wasn't a consideration
Bolasie is out til next year
Barkley has one foot out of the door

We desperately need a quality striker and playmaker - Seems ludicrous that we've spent £60m on defence, sold our single good striker for a big bag of gold and could start the season with an ageing Wayne Rooney and a young lad with zero experience in this league as our striking options.

agreed. bit tired of all the boring posts which seem to deliberately miss half the points @davek makes and derail the threads for a few pages

At the same time, Dave manages to ignore the good points sent his way as well.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that we need 3 players as the squad stands...

Striker
Playmaker
Centre-back/left-back cover

I suppose the difference in opinion comes when debating which are more of a priority.

For me, it's the first two. They need sorting asap, ideally with Ross staying.

Then for me it's about taking our time on that other signing to ensure we get the right player, while recouping some more cash from any players who want out (Niasse, possibly McCarthy though Koeman clearly rates him and, sadly, possibly Barkley).

We haven't got 10 'attackers' though have we

Niasse isnt even considered a member of the squad
Lennon would have been shipped out if the negative PR wasn't a consideration
Bolasie is out til next year
Barkley has one foot out of the door

We desperately need a quality striker and playmaker - Seems ludicrous that we've spent £60m on defence, sold our single good striker for a big bag of gold and could start the season with an ageing Wayne Rooney and a young lad with zero experience in this league as our striking options.

We have got 10 attackers if theyre taking salary from the club....10 attackers for 3 positions.

1 - Sandro
2 - Rooney
3 - Bolasie
4 - Mirallas
5 -Lennon
6 - Barkley
7 - Niasse
People want us to sign
8 - Sigurdsson
9 - Giroud

That's 9 players for the 3 attacking positions. Without counting Lookman, Dowell or DCL = 12 players for 3 positions.

All taking a wage.

We have got 10 attackers if theyre taking salary from the club....10 attackers for 3 positions.

1 - Sandro
2 - Rooney
3 - Bolasie
4 - Mirallas
5 -Lennon
6 - Barkley
7 - Niasse
People want us to sign
8 - Sigurdsson
9 - Giroud

That's 9 players for the 3 attacking positions. Without counting Lookman, Dowell or DCL = 12 players for 3 positions.

All taking a wage.

So by your fuzzy logic we don't need any LB/CB/RB cover because we're paying the wages of Coleman, Funes Mori, Galloway, Browning and Pennington?!

Status
Not open for further replies.