Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still wondering what happens if Baines goes down this season especially as Mori is already hurt. Connolly ready enough? Any new rumors I may have missed?

I don't fancy that tbh. At this moment in time DCL would be able to do a job in a League Cup game against a lower division side and not much beyond that.
I ageee with you. It just wouldn't shock me if we didn't bring in another. I imagine both Sandro and Rooney expect to start most games. Koeman clearly likes DCL as well.

I happen to agree we are more desperate for a centre back and striker than we are for Sigurdsson tbh.

Yep, priority number one now should be a striker IMO.

Priority number 2 is another centre back, especially now RFM is out.

However, now Ross is out, I am thinking Dowell is more his replacement really, so when you weigh that up, who would you rather have, Gylfi or Dowell in the side? Easy one isn't it!

All 3 positions need strengthening if we are seriously looking to make a push on the sides above us.

It's not an issue for me, it proves my stance this summer has been the correct one to take.

Sigurdsson would be a complete indulgence at this stage though. We needed him before we got Rooney and before Dowell looks to have taken his chance to impress. We need to switch that £40M and spend it elsewhere...defence: LB and CB. Then we need to sell someone else like McCarthy and Niasse and buy an out and out striker.

This should have been done already.

This....if its sell to buy then we should have sold a few already and gone for CB/LB. Its the clear weakness in the squad.

We have: Sandro, Rooney, Bolasie, Mirallas, Lennon, Barkley, Niasse for the 3 attacking positions, 7 Players????
Then Dowell, Lookman and Calvert-Lewin makes 10 players for 3 positions???

In CB we have Keane/Holgate on the right and then Williams/Jags on the left...Totally bizarre.
At LB a past it Baines and a kid in Connolly.

If its sell to buy then we should have sold a few already and gone for CB/LB. Its the clear weakness in the squad.

It makes no sense to me why we haven't sold a bunch of players but its showing now that signings have stalled as theres no money in the kitty or were unwilling to spend.

Its just bizarre to go into a season with such poor options at LCB and LB compared to the rest of the squad. 10 attackers is lopsided as heck.

Why not? Drop the cash down in front of them....its not like theyre Real, Barca or Swansea
I guess because we've just taken their captain off them, taking both their best players won't bode well for a team that just won the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.