Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Meyer any good? And what position does he play?

Don't know mate, but put your money on 40% of people on here putting him in htere starting xi's for next season wheras 1 day ago no one would of even thought about him

Know very little about him other than he has been talked about as a very promising player for a few years now. Has his progress stalled as he hasn't moved on to one of the very big clubs in europe I have no idea but if we sign him I will get behind him.

He plays in a similar style to 90s throwback, Thomas Hassler.

I think anyway...

Much better option and a longer term player than the Icelandic Swan

and that makes me a Kopite?
I think you'll find that there'd be more than me on here accused of that if that's your criteria

tenor.gif

Not sure that's true really.

There's quite a few players been traded between the top clubs over the last few years (Mata, Welbeck, Cech, Sturridge, Moses, supposedly Matic this summer). I think the reason it doesn't happen more is to do with one of the main concerns many people have raised about some of our signings/links recently - if you're buying the cast offs of the team above you, it doesn't seem the most likely way to get yourself to their level.
I actually believe we could get better value shopping at the big clubs (both here and abroad) rather than going after the best players at the lesser Premier clubs. We did OK business with Keane and Pickford, but one was in the final year of his contract and the other was relegated at a debt stricken club. Even the lowest teams in the Premier are cash rich and will want to keep hold of their best players to help ensure they stay cash rich.

Conversely, the richer cubs tend to stock pile quality players, many of whom are not getting the game time they would like. In a world cup year many of these will be looking for more game time and I believe we should be looking to take advantage of that. We already have done with Schneids and Rooney, and are looking to do similar with Giroud. I reckon there's going to be some very good players become available this window and we need to be alert to this. I'm sure we will be.

Watched Most Schalke games Last season and judged boy that Max Meyer wouldn't get anywhere near the first team squad at Everton. That said, Schalke had their worst season in like forever. Of course Max is a very talented young man, probably best suited in defensive or central midfield, but he's not better than Morgan, Davis or Gana. His contract runs out after the season and he has refused to sign an extension. Might be wiser for Koeman to wait a year and snap him up for free. Another contract which runs out is Leon Goretzka's. Now THAT is a player who would help us! But Bayern are rumoured to be sniffin around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.