Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd cost a lot of money for a player that won't be a regular starter for 2 more seasons.
Smashing player with absolute bundles of talent and potential.
Problem is we are after ready made first team players not potential.
I see what you mean, with Europe next year he would get good game timw to be fair, doubt we'd get him anyway

I see what you mean, with Europe next year he would get good game timw to be fair, doubt we'd get him anyway
If we could afford to pay the 15/20 m or whatever he will cost and then loan him back to Fulham for a year and then give him a year in and out of our first team and U 23 games he'd be perfect.
Unfortunately I think there's more pressing need for our first 11

Yes. But they would actually fit into the team nicely as well. Jordan Lukaku has played a decent amount of games in Lazio this season and could offer a lot of offensive strength on our left flank. He could actually get decent crosses.
Might persuade his brother to stay as well.

He's garbage mate. Absolutely garbage.

City have soaked a few sheets by signing the boy Silva C.

Gonna be amazing when Cuco signs, pencil the date in.

Knowing my luck, it's going to be while I'm away so I'm going to miss it. Can't wait though.

To be fair not all players settle in immediately. He has been at Swansea for a long time. Didn't want us to sign him but I think we should judge him on the start of next season. Our lack of creativity and ball retention in the final third puts the pressure back on us.
I think this is probablt true. I feel there are a number of positions that Koeman wants to change to suit his preferred style of play better. One of the main things is ball retention further up the field to allow others to catch up to play. This also allows for our defence to set themselves again. This didn't happen far too often this season.

He's garbage mate. Absolutely garbage.

Knowing my luck, it's going to be while I'm away so I'm going to miss it. Can't wait though.
I know the feeling mate
I'm getting hitched next Sat

That space was for all the sympathy and you feffin ergot comments

I'll be away for 4 weeks so I can imagine the fume I'll miss
However I'll be back for the 1st July so I'll miss no REAL news just fume over redtop rumours , various jarg website clickbait and a whole load of rumours from someone whose brothers best mates mams boyfriends second cousin takes out the bins at Finch Farm

I think this is probablt true. I feel there are a number of positions that Koeman wants to change to suit his preferred style of play better. One of the main things is ball retention further up the field to allow others to catch up to play. This also allows for our defence to set themselves again. This didn't happen far too often this season.
I think he's more concerned about production when we do get up there.

Honestly, if we could get Ross higher up the pitch, he can hold it forever, it's a matter of find more dangerous options around him.

Like Niang. Vomit.

Sounds like we're having to buy another CB to cover his flaws. He is no leader he is average. I'd like us to see him be backup but we know he won't be dropped because he cost 10 mil

he's not going to be dropped as he's a decent defender (and the best cb we currently have). Not because he cost £10m (a relatively small fee).

We'll sign one or two cbs so he can be rotated or has to up his game.

He's done fine.

I think our biggest fault this summer will be that we are in for players that are too high-profile and we will end up losing out on them again. We may need to adjust our attention towards talent and potential rather than the household names. There are just too many clubs with more pull than us, so we may need to take more risks with our signings.

He was a colossus in the Euros and I thought he would have carried that level over to us but he's just been steady as you say. We've looked more solid and harder to beat through Koeman's management more than anything.

...and games have actually been 'managed',which is,again down to ...er...what a surprise...the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.