Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he is quality, would hate to see him go to West Ham.

Its been reported by the Nigerian news that he's left the Nigerian camp in France and headed to London for a medical. Deal will include a 2 year buy back clause and cost £24 mill. The West Ham ITK doesnt think the deal is that far advanced.

It would be great if for once the majority of our deals are done rapidly mate so the newbies can hit the ground running when they report back for pre season ideally.
Can you imagine the fume if we signed 6 players on the first day of the window and the club said our transfer business was now finished.
Boxroom dwellers would have to come out into the sunshine for 2 whole months

Is other Hazard any good mate?

I've seen his name about a lot but don't think I've ever seen him actually play.

he's actually pretty good. Technical, but not as good as his brother, but also physical, he runs a lot more than his brother. Kind of like Davies with more vista. He scores and creates assists. I honestly believe he would be an upgrade to Barkley as he likes to let the ball do the work more than to dribble. Not sure if we could get him though.

That's taking the family club thing a bit far don't you think

Yes. But they would actually fit into the team nicely as well. Jordan Lukaku has played a decent amount of games in Lazio this season and could offer a lot of offensive strength on our left flank. He could actually get decent crosses.
Might persuade his brother to stay as well.

But the manager has made the decision that to improve the defence we should have Williams.

Williams is no more than a stop-gap, a successful but limited stop gap, but a temporary fix none the less.
I hope you're right.

Something tells me that he will still be a mainstay in our Xl next season.

Niang and Selke both linked. Both seem like they have the collective IQ of a rock.

Niang is talented, but he's a bench player and a general moron. Walsh apparently wanted him for LC. Think we can do better, but I guess if he's cheap, he's got talent.

Selke is hard to know. Poulsen plays ahead of him at RBL, who isn't amazing, but Selke banged them in at Werder two years ago. Definitely worth a look. Poulsen is also surrounded by some pretty creative players and doesn't light the world on fire, so I have to ask why Selke doesn't play more.

Think he is quality, would hate to see him go to West Ham.
You also have to consider the difference between us and West Ham and Ichenacho's ambitions.
He will be more or less first choice at WHU because of Carrolls injury record.
Carroll will be an impact sub or part of a 2 up top with Ichenacho
Whereas with us he'd be back up to Rom and he knows this

At this stage of his career he wants regular first team football.

I wonder f the euros has affected him negatively? Maybe he'll be better after a summer off.

To be fair not all players settle in immediately. He has been at Swansea for a long time. Didn't want us to sign him but I think we should judge him on the start of next season. Our lack of creativity and ball retention in the final third puts the pressure back on us.

Niang and Selke both linked. Both seem like they have the collective IQ of a rock.

Niang is talented, but he's a bench player and a general moron. Walsh apparently wanted him for LC. Think we can do better, but I guess if he's cheap, he's got talent.

Selke is hard to know. Poulsen plays ahead of him at RBL, who isn't amazing, but Selke banged them in at Werder two years ago. Definitely worth a look. Poulsen is also surrounded by some pretty creative players and doesn't light the world on fire, so I have to ask why Selke doesn't play more.
I have no idea about him neither as never heard of him.

However you could make a claim about a lot of players. If poulson playing meant the team won a lot then why would that change? Remember the team that are champions had Victor Moses playing for them as first choice. United had blind and Carrick over schneiderlin, we played Lennon over deloufeu

Status
Not open for further replies.