Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, they replaced Stones with Williams.

£50m for Stones looks great business for us at this stage if you ask me although much was wasted on Bolasie and Williams. I still have nightmares about how close we came to spunking that money on Sissoko. I still don't have much faith in our board to bring in the right players. If we bring in Rooney and Troy deeney then heads need to roll.

For a lot of players, the season doesn't truly end till after the last batch of WC Qualifiers on 10-11 June. So nothing happenning right now isn't cause for panic. But there's no reason we can't have people in the door by the end of June. If we go into the Europa Games with no real strengthening then we are properly frigged and I will be panicking

Totally understand it mate. We've seen a lot of bad before. I just can't get annoyed about things that may still happen or at least haven't happened yet.

But people seem to be wetting the bed about City buying a boss player in May. As if it's as easy for us to the same.

It's not. If people have the expectation that we can be like city in the transfer market then that really is the individuals problem.

I'd hope so too. But it's never that easy. Fingers crossed though.

This is looking like the ultimate summer of the bedwetters.

Probably right there mate, but this window I'm ready for it.

Mattress covers two for one in Liddle lads, I have a spare

West Ham have made a bid for Iheanacho but City want a buyback clause inserted in the deal. Might put us off if we are interested.

You sure us conceding less goals isn't due to an actual manager coming in, instead of that clown we had?

But the manager has made the decision that to improve the defence we should have Williams.

Williams is no more than a stop-gap, a successful but limited stop gap, but a temporary fix none the less.

But the manager has made the decision that to improve the defence we should have Williams.

Williams is no more than a stop-gap, a successful but limited stop gap, but a temporary fix none the less.

I agree totally with this.

Williams has been ok. Literally ok. Nothing more. Sometimes a bit less. But he definitely helped us look a bit more secure at the back as well as a manager who knows what to do with a defence which has been nice.

The Williams hate is a bit weird. We sign a defender from Swansea who has always been just about alright, and people seemed to think he should have been better than Franco Baresi.

We'll get better then Williams I have no doubt.

Williams has been ok. Literally ok. Nothing more. Sometimes a bit less. But he definitely helped us look a bit more secure at the back as well as a manager who knows what to do with a defence which has been nice.

The Williams hate is a bit weird. We sign a defender from Swansea who has always been just about alright, and people seemed to think he should have been better than Franco Baresi.

Possibly on the back of his performances in the Euro's mate, raised the expectation levels when as you say he has been at best a "decent,steady Eddie" type at best over the years for Swansea.

Possibly on the back of his performances in the Euro's mate, raised the expectation levels when as you say he has been at best a "decent,steady Eddie" type at best over the years for Swansea.
He was a colossus in the Euros and I thought he would have carried that level over to us but he's just been steady as you say. We've looked more solid and harder to beat through Koeman's management more than anything.

Sooner the better, just my opinion like.

Waiting to get the right players is key. I am glad we waited for the likes of Morgs etc.

I think Koeman has a strategy, you see it with most good managers particularly Jose. In the first season its about creating a foundation and setting a philosophy, in his first season he has done that the spine of the tea,m is significantly strengthened in Williams - our defensive record was a priority on the previous campaign and has significantly improved, the midfield engine room is one of the best in Morgs, Idrissa and Davies and Lukaku proved to be one of the best forward in the league. We have a discplicend high press philosophy, the players are much fitter and every player actually knows postitionally what is expected form them, rather then the free for all under Martinez. We achieved European qualification. When you analyse it all we have made significant progress in 12 months.

So the next phase, once the core of the team is develoiped and philosophy is set its adding creative quality or putting cherries on top. Your looking at creativity to add to the core elements of the teams strength. The three positions behind Rom are the priority with a keeper and center back. Essentially two inside forwards and a ten.

Transfers are a game of brinkmanship and players signing for clubs now are only doing so in exceptional deals, Zabeltea would struggle for 100k elsewhere at 31, Silva followed Citys pot of gold. No player is going to jump into deals without assessing their options. I imagine we are chipping away on deals for the likes of Siggy and Pickford but i would think they would be slow burners over the next month. Sandro will be assessing his options and Rooney has said he will announce is a few weeks. I would think its going to be pretty quiet over the next month unless we have a few young players in the ether.

Spot on .

West Ham pay zabeleta £100k at his age and the deal is tied up immediately, keeping in mind he's on a free so that's without the rigmarole of normal fee negotiation. Keep in mind that people's heads fall off when there is talk of paying sigursson £120k a week never mind zabeleta. If we'd offered a free transfer £100k a week plus the odds are we'd be signing him to , doesn't mean it's what we want or need to do.

As for city well they're city . Managed by pep , in the champions lge , champions in recent seasons and can drop a fortune on wages and fees that blows everyone away apart from united . Not exactly comparable.

Transfer windows seem to have led to a collective losing of minds , I'd love us to have a couple of deals tied up but basically what I get from here is "can't believe we'd pay that, he's not worth half that " and "we should just pay that or haven't we got any money. Fraud " .

Let's see how things pan out , I accept history hasn't been kind to us but we improved last year and I'm hoping for more improvements this year . Isn't that all we can do really ?

Status
Not open for further replies.