Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi lads

A little announcement - some of you will have seen this in the Ale House.

This summer's transfer window will see the introduction of the Weasel Index.

Any transfer rumours which are posted with an accompanying media link (thereby caveat lector or the " @EggsException " [not eggception]) will be fine.

Any unsubstantiated rumour will see the poster receive 5 'Weasel Points'.

Any 'I've heard / sources / passing on information' and phrases at CFP discretion will also receive 5 Weasel Points

Bonus weasel points for

type phrases.

A list of Leading Transfer Weasels will be published weekly. I will try to keep accurate records but as ever this will need to be a joint effort from all GrandOldFrandels.

HOWEVER- if a poster racks up many Weasel Points but the transfer then happens they will have all of their Weasel Points expunged, being elevated to 'The New Mole10' status and revered all over the show.

This new Weasel Index will come in to play TODAY (brought forward due to an unseasonable rush of weasel-breeding ) and end Monday 4th September. No rumours posted before or after this date will count.
Excellent idea, if there is anyone who actually has inside info they can come on here go through the automated humiliation process and leave never to return before it turns out their info is good and reliable. All so the clique can post a bunch of pictures/gifs of amphibious rodents before engaging in a mutual electronic circle jerk. What a time to be alive!

Excellent idea, if there is anyone who actually has inside info they can come on here go through the automated humiliation process and leave never to return before it turns out their info is good and reliable. All so the clique can post a bunch of pictures/gifs of amphibious rodents before engaging in a mutual electronic circle jerk. What a time to be alive!

Nobody has inside info.

Its all made up fantasy.

Ok fair enough...perhaps comparing any league to the Scottish league was a step too far :)

But my point remains - I see Anderlecht have won the league 34 times since the 1920's..hardly the most competitive .. despite being a better standard than say....Ross County :)

Actually it is in the last couple of years; a huge income increase because of transfers to the premier League + and this is the most important bit: they have introduced play-offs (the top six play a third of the season amongst themselves; and before the play-offs the point totals are halved so it's quite difficult to create a gap). Since the introduction of the play-offs we have seen lots of different champions.

Your point still remains though; RSCA is the biggest club in Belgium so naturally they have some advantages. A rising power atm is Gent; the ones that kicked Tottenham out of the EL. And every few years you have Genk who turn up (Courtois, KDB) because of their excellent youth policy. You also have Brugge but they are the Liverpool of Belgium. Standard used to be big but they got Duchateleted (I made a verb out of that), oh you also have Oostende but that's unfair since they have been acquired by a billionaire...

Mate the league isn't that good but no way it's as bad as the Scottish league. On top of that the Scottish league isn't even fun to watch. The Dutch and Belgian league provide good showing. Israel and Belarus even performed better than the Scottish league in the last couple of years on the UEFA ranking for competitions.

Here you go: http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/index.html
There is obviously a vast difference between both leagues. Not very smart to compare both lol

I know, I know, technically it is a dodecagon. Pedant!

If people wanna pass on the figments of their imagination, im sure a few "pictures/gifs of amphibious rodents" arent gonna bother them that much.

The days of Everton ITKs are done, in the current climate, the fear of people losing their jobs has ended a few good sources of intel.

If at some point this changes, then I will admit my mistake and fight for weasels rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.