Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgium has good players ...but their league is second rate in a similar way to Scotland..so yeah, I think we are a better option than Anderlecht

Mate the league isn't that good but no way it's as bad as the Scottish league. On top of that the Scottish league isn't even fun to watch. The Dutch and Belgian league provide good showing. Israel and Belarus even performed better than the Scottish league in the last couple of years on the UEFA ranking for competitions.

Here you go: http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/index.html

Hello mein frandels.

Today the transfer window has unofficially started, my team will begin the serious work of scouting some of the finest talents the world has ever seen. It will be a long process, but hopefully a happy 1, we will be looking at quality players in the following roles :

1 GK - First choice
1 Fullback - Left sided, "cover" for Baines
2 CBs - Both first choice
1 CM - Number 8, with the much searched for magic in the boots
1 ACM - Number 10 or SS
2 Strikers - An old school number 9 and a wingforward

Thats our list as it stands, as the window moves and shakes, the goalposts might be moved.

So we will take them 1 at a time.

"Activate GK scouting"

Watch this space.

Hello mein frandels.

Today the transfer window has unofficially started, my team will begin the serious work of scouting some of the finest talents the world has ever seen. It will be a long process, but hopefully a happy 1, we will be looking at quality players in the following roles :

1 GK - First choice
1 Fullback - Left sided, "cover" for Baines
2 CBs - Both first choice
1 CM - Number 8, with the much searched for magic in the boots
1 ACM - Number 10 or SS
2 Strikers - An old school number 9 and a wingforward

Thats our list as it stands, as the window moves and shakes, the goalposts might be moved.

So we will take them 1 at a time.

"Activate GK scouting"

Watch this space.

Jack Butland for £30m please.

This time I think they've copied Belgian press mate. It has been reported that an RSCA-Onyekuru deal is imminent. They just have to find a deal with Eupen and it's done.

RSCA will have done what they always do: "Come play for us for a small time, you'll get CL and you can get noticed by a proper big club." This is their normal policy.

Seems strange when big clubs are already noticing him though.

Over to you Mr Walsh. Earn your money, as you've had plenty of time now to identify who we should try to buy and sell.

That's who I think we'll get. But not who I really want.

Who do you actually want?
i was concerned he wouldn't come back the same player but watching him since his return from injury, he's exceptional. If we're going to chuck 30m at a keeper he's worth every penny. I don't think he'll leave Stoke this season as they've looked after him over the last year but i wouldn't be surprised if United or that lot make a move for him.

That's who I think we'll get. But not who I really want.

Who do you actually want?

I dunno, its hard to say, they ALL have mistakes them, most are excellent shot stoppers, The Stek looked like a young Gordon Banks at times, same with Joel.

I would probably lean more towards Pickford, the boy stood out in a turgid Sunderland side, but I do consider him somewhat of a gamble.

Mate the league isn't that good but no way it's as bad as the Scottish league. On top of that the Scottish league isn't even fun to watch. The Dutch and Belgian league provide good showing. Israel and Belarus even performed better than the Scottish league in the last couple of years on the UEFA ranking for competitions.

Here you go: http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/index.html

Ok fair enough...perhaps comparing any league to the Scottish league was a step too far :)

But my point remains - I see Anderlecht have won the league 34 times since the 1920's..hardly the most competitive .. despite being a better standard than say....Ross County :)

Seems strange when big clubs are already noticing him though.

Yeah it isn't completely logical. They did the same with Mitrovic. Eventually he ended up at Newcastle. Biglia (Lazio Roma)...

Citation of him today: "maar voor mijn ontwikkeling als voetballer zou aantreden in de Champions League een geweldige boost betekenen." [For my development as a footballer, playing in the CL would be an incredible boost]

Source: http://m.voetbalnieuws.be/news/247445/Om_deze_reden_grijpt_Club_Brugge_wellicht_naast_Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.