Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart and Mahrez are hugely overrated imho. Mahrez looks a one season wonder, whereas Hart surely is no better than Joel.

The rest through I'd be very happy with.

yeah...they would both cost a fortune as well, better value elsewhere i reckon

i don't agree with people saying that van dijk will be a big statement signing, he's not widely known around europe, a player like rooney would be more of a statement signing. Van dijk plays for soton, the fee would probably raise eyebrows around europe, but it's sort of along the lines of a couple that the RS have brought from saints imo, a bit above that level because well, other clubs actually seem to be interested, CL clubs at that, but i really don't see it as a statement signing imo.

i don't agree with people saying that van dijk will be a big statement signing, he's not widely known around europe, a player like rooney would be more of a statement signing. Van dijk plays for soton, the fee would probably raise eyebrows around europe, but it's sort of along the lines of a couple that the RS have brought from saints imo, a bit above that level because well, other clubs actually seem to be interested, CL clubs at that, but i really don't see it as a statement signing imo.
Rooney would indeed be a statement signing,the statement being 'We can't sign anyone better, sorry'.

Hart is a realistic option as he will be sold by City this summer, other than Pickford who will probably leave as Sunderland are going down there won't be too many keepers with premier League experience moving this summer. Unless we are going abroad for our new keeper i would expect us to move for either of those two. Will be happy with either.

As for the rest of the positions we need to fill, the names mentioned already seem likely options and it depends on what happens with Barkley and Lukaku as to attacking options we go for and how many. Going to be a fun summer with so many players needed.

Hart is a top quality goal keeper, who puts his all into every game. Exactly what we need in terms of a big name, and experienced enough to actually be a top keeper, as opposed to Pickford who we'd wait a few years to get to his best.

Hart is a top quality goal keeper, who puts his all into every game. Exactly what we need in terms of a big name, and experienced enough to actually be a top keeper, as opposed to Pickford who we'd wait a few years to get to his best.

He's in the bracket below top-quality but would be a realistic option who would improve us.

Don't think Koeman is sold on him though.

Jeeez, the echo says Van Dijk and all of a sudden everyone is thinking we are going to get him!

The Echo said Mata, Witsel, Riquelme, Carvalho etc etc etc

Pretty much everyone in the top 6 bar Spurs need a new centre half, and Van Dijk will be top on most of their lists.
Im sorry to bring everyone down to earth but the signing process takes a good few windows until you can get that statement signing - Schneiderlin is a very good start but i think Van Dijk is shooting to high. Keane is gettible so i would say he is a good option

Chelsea's first years with money they went and got Glen johnson, Joe Cole, Damien Duff, an unknown Arjen Robben, Wayne Bridge before they could go and get your Drogba's, Makelele's, Ashley Cole's, Carvalho's, Ballacks etc.

Same goes with City, Santa Cruz, Bellamy , Gareth Barry, Lescott. Then they could start going for the Robinho's, Yaya Toure's, Aguero's

All players they were pretty much unchallenged by the likes of Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool (the big 3 at the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.