Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus it's the Europa, that campaign doesn't cup tie you for Champions League anyways. Stupidly enough, the reverse does.

Only a guess, but I think it's because teams knocked out of the CL at a certain stage then play in the Europa, but a team in the Europa won't play in the CL until the following season.

Wikipeads

[paste:font size="4"]UEFA competitionsUEFA operates European club football competitions, primarily the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. UEFA's regulations state that, with a few exceptions, players who play in any European club competition are subsequently cup-tied with respect to all European football for the remainder of the season.

The main current exception is the UEFA Super Cup, contested by the winners of the previous seasons' Champions League and Europa League. As this is effectively a prestige friendly with only one round, the cup-tied rule is seen as unnecessary. Representing a club in this fixture does not affect a player's eligibility in other UEFA competitions.[citation needed] Similarly, cup-tying did not apply to matches in the now-defunct pre-season UEFA Intertoto Cup, up to the semi-final round.

A further exemption applies: one player per club who would normally be cup-tied can be registered and eligible to play, so long as his previous club did not field him in the same competition. This means that players can represent two different clubs in the Europa League and Champions League, but only a maximum of one player per club. However, if the first club switches into the same competition (e.g. transfers from the Champions League to the Europa League through finishing third in the group stage), the transferred player becomes ineligible. This can lead to some complex situations.

Decipher that.

No way I'm reading that. I was up at 4:30am!

COYB

No way I'm reading that. I was up at 4:30am!

COYB

44.03 One or more players from the above quota of three who have been fielded only in the first, second or third qualifying round or play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club are entitled to be registered.

Article 44,03 says that qualifying rounds don't count although a player cannot play for two teams during the qualifying rounds.

44.03 One or more players from the above quota of three who have been fielded only in the first, second or third qualifying round or play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club are entitled to be registered.

Article 44,03 says that qualifying rounds don't count although a player cannot play for two teams during the qualifying rounds.

Kills that argument then lol

Window opens in five weeks. That is the time we must know for sure who's staying and who wants out. Whoever wants out regardless of length of contract must be told you will be going nowhere until we have a replacement we want in place. I hope we have a list of targets for any scenario, because as I've said before, we only want to buy better players that will improve us in any given position, and then any players replaced who are staying will become the competition along with the emerging talent coming through.

How the hell did we lose out on that young Brazilian to Real Madrid
38 m for a 16 yr old is a snip
Scandolous I say
Sack Walsh.
The world of football has lost touch with reality

Wikipeads

[paste:font size="4"]UEFA competitionsUEFA operates European club football competitions, primarily the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. UEFA's regulations state that, with a few exceptions, players who play in any European club competition are subsequently cup-tied with respect to all European football for the remainder of the season.

The main current exception is the UEFA Super Cup, contested by the winners of the previous seasons' Champions League and Europa League. As this is effectively a prestige friendly with only one round, the cup-tied rule is seen as unnecessary. Representing a club in this fixture does not affect a player's eligibility in other UEFA competitions.[citation needed] Similarly, cup-tying did not apply to matches in the now-defunct pre-season UEFA Intertoto Cup, up to the semi-final round.

A further exemption applies: one player per club who would normally be cup-tied can be registered and eligible to play, so long as his previous club did not field him in the same competition. This means that players can represent two different clubs in the Europa League and Champions League, but only a maximum of one player per club. However, if the first club switches into the same competition (e.g. transfers from the Champions League to the Europa League through finishing third in the group stage), the transferred player becomes ineligible. This can lead to some complex situations.

Decipher that.
The RS will get every advantage possible.
That's basically what it says.

Joel 5
Funes Mori 15
McCarthy 20
Cleverly 8
Niasse 10
Gerry 15
Mcgeady 2

Butland 25
Martina Free
Dr Vrij 30
Keane 25
Dendonker 20
Ghezzel Free?
Sigurdsson 20
Rooney Nominal
Klassen 25
Sandro 5
Iheancho 20
A couple of Walsh gems 10 each.

75million in about 200 out.

If Barkley goes another 30 mil player in. If Rom goes 2 x 40/50m players, although it would be very hard to attract these types, maybe Dolberg and Mertens.

All realistic targets. A good mixture of youth and experience, leadership and some winners. We need about those numbers and our squad would be in much better shape for now and for the future.

Joel 5
Funes Mori 15
McCarthy 20
Cleverly 8
Niasse 10
Gerry 15
Mcgeady 2

Butland 25
Martina Free
Dr Vrij 30
Keane 25
Dendonker 20
Ghezzel Free?
Sigurdsson 20
Rooney Nominal
Klassen 25
Sandro 5
Iheancho 20
A couple of Walsh gems 10 each.

75million in about 200 out.

If Barkley goes another 30 mil player in. If Rom goes 2 x 40/50m players, although it would be very hard to attract these types, maybe Dolberg and Mertens.

All realistic targets. A good mixture of youth and experience, leadership and some winners. We need about those numbers and our squad would be in much better shape for now and for the future.

Shocking behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.