Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we think of Szczesny? Apparently, Koeman was after him last summer. By all reports, he's had a good few seasons on loan at Roma. With his contract expiring next month, perhaps would be a good pick for us on a free.

Much better then the likes of Hart and Schmeichel but I can see him wanting to either go back to Arsenal or stay at Roma for good

That would be 12 players minimum. We don't need anything like that many. We won't sign 4 new defenders for a start.

I'd expect lots of outgoings though. McCarthy, one of the keepers, delafeou etc

We need someone to back up baines/replace him and we need a right back to replace/back up Coleman

Also two new centre backs is essential as jags and Williams are past it

Not seen a peep of him at Roma but unless he's suddenly turned into the reborn Nigel Martyn it's a no from me.

Roma fans seem to rate him highly. Best keeper they've had in years, or so they think. Rock solid between the sticks but dodgy when asked to venture out of his area.

I have Arsenal supporting friends who have been disappointed with Cech this season and are advocating that Sczezny - who they say has had a great season at Roma - replaces him as their #1

Nice playmaker Jean-Michael Seri has reportedly caught the eye of Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, Leicester and Southampton after helping drive his side to third in Ligue 1.

The 25-year-old Ivory Coast international has nine assists and six goals this season.

But Nice chairman Jean-Pierre Rivere says that if someone wants to sign him, they will have to dig deep.

"Seri has a 40m euro (£34m) clause," he told RMC Sport. It made everyone smile when we put this clause in two years ago. At that price he will be free. Otherwise, we do not intend to sell him at the moment.

Source BBC.

Please.

We are getting business done early in this window, but I have a feeling the CB targets will take some time to bring in. Everyone is either trying to fix their backline or stop us from doing so. Expect us to go for some unknowns and some rising stars rather than the Witsels or the Matas

What do we think of Szczesny? Apparently, Koeman was after him last summer. By all reports, he's had a good few seasons on loan at Roma. With his contract expiring next month, perhaps would be a good pick for us on a free.
I think he's very decent.

Likes a bifter, too.

Hasn't there been rumours of a bit of a bust up with Pocchetino or something though mate. Hence why he's been dropped for all the big games over the past month and a half.

He won't go for anything close to 50/60m quid mate, no chance on earth of that

There has but he's also under contract until 2021.

He's 26 and England's first-choice RB. Spurs would be selling to a top 4 rival.

They'll demand £50mil, easy.

Remember Wilfred Bony? Amazing how Hughes has had Bony Bojan Shaquiri Affelay Arnautovic Imbula to pick from and he's still fielding Charlie Adam, Glen Whelan and John Walters.

City will be letting some decent players go this summer: Bony, Nasri, Mangala, Fernando, Iheanacho. I'm sure some of them could do a job for us.

We won't sign anyone until mid august.

IMG_4662.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.