Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear:

We get 35m for Ross = low net spend
We get nothing for Ross = big net spend

which of these outcomes is better?

it's really not that hard!

stop going on about the net spend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree I fed right up with hearing net spend, getting good players in is the most important thing and we have done that very well in this window, people always want more. I'd have loved a striker but we have a fair few that can play there, who knows one might hit 20 odd this season.

At the end of transfer deadline day I want you all to answer these questions honestly.

Are Everton likely gain more points than the season before?

Have Everton closed the gap on quality to the teams above us?

Have Everton spent as much money as needed to improve?

Remember these questions. I believe Moomin may also have a question or two for you.
So, those questions.

Just to be clear:

We get 35m for Ross = low net spend
We get nothing for Ross = big net spend

which of these outcomes is better?

it's really not that hard!

stop going on about the net spend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't care less about net spend so long as the team is improved. But it is quite clear we are coming up short in a vital area.

Was Walsh down the pub with his days mixed up or something?

Pretty sure accountant moshiri would disagree. Of course it matters what we brought in. So if you look at Everton accounts it will show we spent 160million and are 160million down? Nope it will show we actually spent 47 million..

As I said we have signed some good players and if we managed to get a striker it would have been a lot better. But still not good enough.
No it won't. You have to knock off what we still owe for Rom and maybe Niasse. That would be approx 11m for Rom and approx 7m for Niasse. so your 47m is at least 65m, Then you have the increased wages which I would say has risen by at least 20m.

Say what ye want. The bedwetters were right. Those calling out the bedwetters and there was many. They kept saying relax now there is 4 weeks left. Relax 3 weeks left .2 weeks left. 5 hours left. They wont admit as it is not their character. The window again is a failure. The second summer window in a row. It leaves us in mid table finish in premier with thursday night football having a big effect. What was walsh/koeman/board doing for last 4 weeks. So much for the project. The players that signed are no doubts at home texting where is this top forward we were promised.
I admit it, and we have been let down. That said I'm not losing my head like some of the other mutants in this thread. Could swear they are all west ham fans.

Exactly. We've spend something like 40-50m net this window. Could you really see us spending another 30-50 without selling? Let's be realistic.
Tell Kenwright to stop saying we have unrestricted funds and Moshiri to stop saying we're throwing mad £70m bids in for defenders.

We're run by a board full of egotists and liars.

Essentially, we're the Northern version of West Ham.

We'll soon have the council-funded stadium to match, too.

I couldn't care less about net spend so long as the team is improved. But it is quite clear we are coming up short in a vital area.

Was Walsh down the pub with his days mixed up or something?

No. We couldn't buy an expensive striker without selling players first. That's not a bad thing though, cause we've already spent a lot already.

Perhaps the whole plan could have been though out better. We clearly need a striker, so why spend so much money on midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.