Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howedes would be lovely. Just on set pieces alone. Him, Keane, a proper target guy, getting on the end of a Siggy delivery. Goals galore. With our defense, man. Add Benteke to that mix, man. He can also play LB a bit, too, no question.
Howedes just seems like a signing that makes since. Experienced left sided centre half who can play left back and would not cost the earth either

Yes but yestetday Koeman said he wanted a left footed CB and Howedes is not.

Think your taking what was said a bit too literal mate, what he wants is a left sided cb/lb,Howedes has played a lot of games at lcb, and he played left back for a German world cup winning team, so he would be more than adequate - despite him being primarily right footed

Think your taking what was said a bit too literal mate, what he wants is a left sided cb/lb,Howedes has played a lot of games at lcb, and he played left back for a German world cup winning team, so he would be more than adequate - despite him being primarily right footed

When asked if the club had finished spending, he said: "I hope not. We are looking for a left-footed central defender, maybe as back-up for Leighton Baines. With the injury to Funes Mori we don't have any left-footers on that side as a back-up for Leighton. That's an option."

I think its getting a bit late in the day to sign a 'top' striker (thats if its not lined up already). I say this because the selling club would surely only sell if they had a replacement lined up. For example look at Swansea with Sigurdsson. The closer to the end of the window the less likely we're getting a renowned striker. More likely someone to fill in short term or young striker with potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.