Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley, Lennon, McCarthy, Besic, Tarashaj, Niasse, Garbutt, Rodriguez.

Selling these unwanted/back-up players will generate about £70m and will be enough to sign 2 good players and add them to the squad.
Only problem is that it thins the squad out when we need to be padding it out instead.

Yes some of those players are not good enough but a few injuries and too many games they can at least get on the pitch and kick the ball, even niasse

Only problem is that it thins the squad out when we need to be padding it out instead.

Yes some of those players are not good enough but a few injuries and too many games they can at least get on the pitch and kick the ball, even niasse

Barkley played his last game. Tarashaj, Niasse, Garbutt, Rodriguez won't make any difference they just won't play. Robles is as good as gone and is 3rd choice.

So the difference is Lennon, McCarthy and Besic I assume they will get some gametime in domestic club games. Bearing in mind they are not included in our EL squad last week...they will be sold very soon?

Barkley played his last game. Tarashaj, Niasse, Garbutt, Rodriguez won't make any difference they just won't play. Robles is as good as gone and is 3rd choice.

So the difference is Lennon, McCarthy and Besic I assume they will get some gametime in domestic club games. Bearing in mind they are not included in our EL squad last week...they will be sold very soon?

Nope.

I can't see any of the three are leaving to be honest mate. They will be back up for our current 4 for 3 positions plus we don't have many wingers as it stands.

Siggurdson is replacing Barkley so he can be factored out of the squad.

Niasse for all intents and purposes is a back up striker for us right now. Until we sell him , the fact he is currently in the squad means he is an option. Is he good enough? Not really, but he proved he could do a job last season if worst came to the worst.

Tarashaj and Rodriguez may as well not be mentioned.

I'm not telling you are wrong mate, and some of the above probably support what you said. But considering we are aiming to have nearly 70 games this season at best, garbutt niasse and the rest will fill a gap if the squad is knackered

We are most cert short an expensive top quality striker. And if we are paying 50 million for Sigurdson we better be paying 70+ for a good striker. Soon.

I can't see any of the three are leaving to be honest mate. They will be back up for our current 4 for 3 positions plus we don't have many wingers as it stands.

Siggurdson is replacing Barkley so he can be factored out of the squad.

Niasse for all intents and purposes is a back up striker for us right now. Until we sell him , the fact he is currently in the squad means he is an option. Is he good enough? Not really, but he proved he could do a job last season if worst came to the worst.

Tarashaj and Rodriguez may as well not be mentioned.

I'm not telling you are wrong mate, and some of the above probably support what you said. But considering we are aiming to have nearly 70 games this season at best, garbutt niasse and the rest will fill a gap if the squad is knackered

Yeah of course some of them may be kept as back-up.

If we get rid of those I have mentioned and sign Sigurdsson, a striker and a CB/LB, we will have a squad of 25. Of course that included long term injuries like Bolasie, Coleman and Funes Mori.

Yeah of course some of them may be kept as back-up.

If we get rid of those I have mentioned and sign Sigurdsson, a striker and a CB/LB, we will have a squad of 25. Of course that included long term injuries like Bolasie, Coleman and Funes Mori.

GK
Jordan Pickford*
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Cuco Martina

LB
Leighton Baines*

CB
Michael Keane*
Ashley Williams*
Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate
NEW PLAYER

DM/CM
Morgan Schneiderlin*
Idrissa Gueye
Tom Davies
Gareth Barry*

ACM

Davy Klaassen
Iceland

Wingers

Ademola Lookman
Kevin Mirallas

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Sandro Ramírez
Wayne Rooney*
NEW PLAYER

Thats what the squad looks like if you sell all the players you mentioned and remove the long term injured.

GK
Jordan Pickford*
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Cuco Martina

LB
Leighton Baines*

CB
Michael Keane*
Ashley Williams*
Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate
NEW PLAYER

DM/CM
Morgan Schneiderlin*
Idrissa Gueye
Tom Davies
Gareth Barry*

ACM

Davy Klaassen
Iceland

Wingers

Ademola Lookman
Kevin Mirallas

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Sandro Ramírez
Wayne Rooney*
NEW PLAYER

Thats what the squad looks like if you sell all the players you mentioned and remove the long term injured.

I did not ask you to remove Bolasie, Coleman, Funes Mori and Kenny though.

If there is money available, Koeman may sign another utility player, ok possibly a winger.

Need the new CB can play LB too.

GK
Jordan Pickford*
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Cuco Martina

LB
Leighton Baines*

CB
Michael Keane*
Ashley Williams*
Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate
NEW PLAYER

DM/CM
Morgan Schneiderlin*
Idrissa Gueye
Tom Davies
Gareth Barry*

ACM

Davy Klaassen
Iceland

Wingers

Ademola Lookman
Kevin Mirallas

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Sandro Ramírez
Wayne Rooney*
NEW PLAYER

Look at how the CM unit stands out like a sore thumb amongst the mediocrity (at best)....then ask where yourself where the money has gone.

GK
Jordan Pickford*
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Cuco Martina

LB
Leighton Baines*

CB
Michael Keane*
Ashley Williams*
Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate
NEW PLAYER

DM/CM
Morgan Schneiderlin*
Idrissa Gueye
Tom Davies
Gareth Barry*

ACM

Davy Klaassen
Iceland

Wingers

Ademola Lookman
Kevin Mirallas

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Sandro Ramírez
Wayne Rooney*
NEW PLAYER

Wow, no besic.

Status
Not open for further replies.