summer signings under moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

teppic

Player Valuation: £50m
just to have a quick glance comparison with moyes' previous summer signings...

the players in bold were signed before august 12th. (today's date!!)

2002: yobo, li wei feng, li tie, rodrigo, richard wright

2003: martyn, jeffers, mcfadden, kilbane

2004: bent, cahill

2005: ruddy, davies, kroldrup, arteta, neville, ferrari, valente, VDM

2006: howard, scott spencer, AJ, lescott

2007: lukas jutkiewicz, jags, pienaar, baines, yakubu, gravesen

2005 and 2007 were the summers when we made most signings and both those summers we had a european campaign to look forward to.

this summer really is an oddity.

Last edited:
just to have a quick glance comparison with moyes' previous summer signings...

2002: yobo, li wei feng, li tie, rodrigo, richard wright

2004: bent, cahill

2005: ruddy, davies, kroldrup, arteta, neville, ferrari, valente, VDM

2006: howard, scott spencer, AJ, lescott

2007: lukas jutkiewicz, jags, pienaar, baines, yakubu, gravesen

2005 and 2007 were the summers when we made most signings and both those summers we had a european campaign to look forward to.

this summer really is an oddity.

good post, puts things into perspective. all the people mocking the pessimists are probably eating their words now, though i'm still praying moyes has something up his sleeve

2003 was a bad, bad year. If I remember correctly, at least 3 of those, if not all 4 were signed on transfer deadline day. I really hope we are not waiting that long this season.

yes, and if i remember rightly we had to wait right up till midnight until they were announced.

the more i think about it the more the club seems to be playing chicken with agents and clubs.

i would not be surprised if the new players we sign will be last minute deals. i'm not being pessimistic.... it just seems to make sense... otherwise they would have been signed already.

You only have to look around and see everyone has struggled to buy players for realistic prices. A premiership club comes knocking and the price tag seems to be 20 million regardless of ability.

As blues I think we often forget other clubs situations, my gunners mate is also pulling his hair out at the appearance of them going backwards rather than forwards.

The simple fact is we're being priced out of everyone we're going in for and I can see it going right to the wire. I'm certain we'll get 2-3 faces in before the window closes, but due to the nature of the current market we're going to have to wait until the selling club has no other option than to accept the final bid.

You only have to look around and see everyone has struggled to buy players for realistic prices. A premiership club comes knocking and the price tag seems to be 20 million regardless of ability.

As blues I think we often forget other clubs situations, my gunners mate is also pulling his hair out at the appearance of them going backwards rather than forwards.

The simple fact is we're being priced out of everyone we're going in for and I can see it going right to the wire. I'm certain we'll get 2-3 faces in before the window closes, but due to the nature of the current market we're going to have to wait until the selling club has no other option than to accept the final bid.

You are right in a sense because Keane for £20m was ridiculous as was £17m for Bentley. These players are the exception to the rule though.

I could list a whole host of really good players who have moved to premier league clubs for reasonable sums look on www.skysports.com.

Leaving transfers to the last minute does not necessarily mean you get a lower price. Especially as all the players we are reported to be targeting are on long term deals.

Spot on, but the longer we wait and the closer to deadline day it gets the more we are gonna have to pay anyway. If we are buying the kind of players we think we are, Moutinho, vagner love etc, who are the top qulity players at their clubs and will be missed a lot, the longer we leave it the less time their clubs are going to have to find replacements. The knock on effect being we will have to pay even more than we would have done 3 or 4 weeks ago. Whichever way you look at it the club has fudged up this transfer window and they are gonna have to do a heck of a lot to satisfy the fans, the team and the manager in the next 3 weeks.

This close season reminds me of the summer of the sale of shrek,we seemed to be linked with anyone and everyone that year too

2003 was a bad, bad year. If I remember correctly, at least 3 of those, if not all 4 were signed on transfer deadline day. I really hope we are not waiting that long this season.
All four came in the last minutes before the window closed if I remember correctly.

Pitty we dont look at players like Standard Liege's number 9 Dieumerci Mbokani. He proved a real handful against the RS and is described as the new Didier Drogba in Belgium. On first impressions, "which can be misleading" i would be fascinated on how well he would do in this country. Watch this lad in the second leg if he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.