Summer clear out

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much would we get for Mucha? £1.5-£2m? We might as well sell him on and bring in another free agent. He was never going to displace Howard anyway. I think Turner is out of contract too.

We should probably lose Hibbert, as we don't need a senior third choice right back. But it would probably send out the wrong message to sell a born and bred blue. His value? £1m? Ditto Osman. £1.6m?

With any luck Fenerbache will cough up the agreed £5m for Yobo and his compatriot will make the £6m move to Leicester. If we can squeeze £7m+ out of Bayern for Heitinga, he can go too.

We might be able to scrape about £22m together. Two or three bosman signings to flesh out the squad. One or two loans. That would still give us a substantial pot of money to make signings of the significance of Distin, Bily and Heitinga.

A word about Bily, quite a number of different views on this player. However he has been persistently played out of position so happen he has not been able to really show what he can do.

A word about Bily, quite a number of different views on this player. However he has been persistently played out of position so happen he has not been able to really show what he can do.

The fact he's not been told just just whip crosses in is beyond me. He should be our David Beckam to be fair. Not fast, cant beat players, but can stick a ball on someone sweade on a sixpence.

Anichebe wont go, not for a large enough figure that anyone would want to pay considering his new super contract (thanks Davy)

Heitinga
Vaughan
Yakubu
Agard

Listen to offers for

Mucha
Neville
Saha

Jury out on

Osman
Bily
Arteta

Anichebe wont go, not for a large enough figure that anyone would want to pay considering his new super contract (thanks Davy)

Heitinga
Vaughan
Yakubu
Agard

Listen to offers for

Mucha
Neville
Saha

Jury out on

Osman
Bily
Arteta

Hold onto at all costs

Distin
Jags
Baines
Felliani
Howard
Cahill

Heitinga
Vaughan
Yakubu
Agard

Listen to offers for

Mucha
Neville
Saha

Jury out on

Osman
Bily
Arteta

Hold onto at all costs

Distin
Jags
Baines
Felliani
Howard
Cahill

Distin? He's 32 FFS! He wont go anywhere and neither will Neville or Cahill.

Baines and Fellaini are a different matter though

At the minute as long as we keep Fellaini and Baines and build around them I don't care who goes.

...and Coleman and Rodwell and Cahill....the likes of Jags, Howard and Arteta have been out of form for a long time, but they'll find it again. I'm confident that Beckford and Bily will come good, maybe even Anichebe too. When we play well there's very few teams that can live with us, and that includes United, City and Chelsea. The team doesn't need ripping apart, it just needs freshening up. Players themselves have been saying that they're too relaxed because there's no competition for places. We've only got about 18 senior pros now, so everyone will be in the matchday squad. We could do with promoting the likes of Baxter, Gueye and Duffy to put pressure on the first teamers. Probably even give Mucha a few starts to shake Howard up too.

Despite this apparantly being the best squad we have had for ages, they are not delivering. I would go for a total clear out:

Sell:
Yobo
Yakubu
Vaughan
Distin (he is too old)
Neville (to old and crap)
Osman (never been good enough, and especially against good teams)
Bilya (I am one of his biggest fans, but for £9 m. we should expect more)
Anichebe (worst player in the squad, makes Neville look like Ronaldino)
Heitinga (does he really want to be at the club?)
Saha (injuries are proving that we cannot rely on him)
Mucha (never gonna get a game)

Listen to offers for:
Arteta (£10 m. - has not really performed for more than half a season, a bit like Gravesen)
Fellaini (£20 m. - great player, potential to be the new Viera, but if good money is offered then I would let him go)
Howard (£5 m. - never been a fan, think there are better options out there)

Blood:
Duffy
Barkley
Baxter
Bidwell
Wallace
Gueye
Silva

Put in offers for:
Jennings (Tranmere)
Dorrans (West Brom)
Moses (Wigan)
McCarthy (Wigan)
MacArthur (Wigan)
Cleverly (Man Utd)
Hennessey (Wolves)

- all young and hungry eager to prove themselves, which has always been where we have gotten our best players from)

FM I know, but we really need to do something.

Last edited:

Time too get rid of;

Yobo; has been a great player for the club, but yet I don't think he wants too be at Goodison much longer. Can perhaps get a couple million for him.
Mucha; no point keeping him.
Distin; generally ****e
Yakubu; too old, will perform every now and then, but with our system we need a consistent striker.
Anichebe; need I say more?

Unsure about;
Heitinga; don't know if he wants too be here, good player but.
Arteta; as devastating as it would be, how much has he given in the last season so far.

Time too find some finance for some youngsters, in my opinion.

There are some terrible players have played in World Cup Finals.

Remember the boy Leeds fetched in a few years ago.....a Brazilian?

Closer to home, Nobby Stiles wasn't much of a player.

Time too get rid of;

Yobo; has been a great player for the club, but yet I don't think he wants too be at Goodison much longer. Can perhaps get a couple million for him.
Mucha; no point keeping him.
Distin; generally ****e
Yakubu; too old, will perform every now and then, but with our system we need a consistent striker.
Anichebe; need I say more?

Unsure about;
Heitinga; don't know if he wants too be here, good player but.
Arteta; as devastating as it would be, how much has he given in the last season so far.

Time too find some finance for some youngsters, in my opinion.

After Baines, Cahill and Fellaini he's probably been our best player this season. Only had a couple of bad games. Only reason for moving him on would be his age, but he doesn't seem to be showing it.

The only ones that we will get offers for are:-

Fellaini,
Rodwell,
Baines,
Jagielka,
and possibly Heittinga.

The rest of the names we will be lucky to get even a few bob for as I cannot see clubs being that interested unless the fees asked are small.

I'm surprised Osman hasn't made made many people's list..

I don't see what he offers other then the rare wonder goal. Granted he is a blue boy and more often then not he is played out of position. Besides the way it stands he has got fellaini, arteta and rodwell in front of him.

In my opinion we could get better value for the wages he is on...

Status
Not open for further replies.