Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Recruitment has been a major issue for sure.

People say we should just buy young players, but when I checked we honestly had bought about 6 players 27+ for money over the last 7 years or so.

Rough guess, but its not like we are buying loads of older people.

Its just been a total mess, Dyche has players bought by 3 DoFs, 8 Managers and 2 different owners, everybody just did what they wanted and put it all on the credit card.
That's your issue right there though. It was obvious Moshiri wanted the DoF model but Kenwright (I reckon) still favoured the old school manger type. The best examples of the DoF model are with a head coach type who just wants to do training ground stuff and match prep work. Managers tend to want a say on much more, then you add in someone like Kenwright giving his two pence worth on first team affairs and Moshiri dropping Kia Joorabchian (A guy who has the ability to make 777 look legit) in at random times and it was obvious there was no strategy, plan or anything.

Dyche needs a statue built if he keeps that side up! Coleman's not been a first team regular for over a year. Doucoure back in a central midfield two...yikes.

Dread to see what the state of the subs bench would be if that's the first 11 and I don't think it will be.

it would be

Virginia, Holgate, Keane, Patterson, Warrington, Hunt, Metcalf, Chermiti and Beto

it would be

Virginia, Holgate, Keane, Patterson, Warrington, Hunt, Metcalf, Chermiti and Beto

So the only CMs on the bench are guys with no prem minutes.

Warrington played two games at Plymouth all season who may still get relegated from the championship.

Mackenzie Hunt 23 in November and hasn't even been out on loan so seems like someone too comfortable playing under 23 league.

Same for Metcalfe but he is 19 at least.

Even @Zatara isn't that kamikaze with squad size as no chance Gana, Onana and Gomes all leave and not one replacement is signed. Gana certainly gets an extension if it's just going to be kids as back up to the regular CMs which is a ridiculous scenario.

Warrington played two games at Plymouth all season who may still get relegated from the championship.

Mackenzie Hunt 23 in November and hasn't even been out on loan so seems like someone too comfortable playing under 23 league.

Even @Zatara isn't that kamikaze with squad size as no chance Gana, Onana and Gomes all leave and not one replacement is signed. Gana certainly gets an extension if it's just going to be kids as back up to the regular CMs which is a ridiculous scenario.
Don’t blame me, blame moshiri

We just have to support dyche and hope he comes good again next season

Challenge accepted ;)

Don’t blame me, blame moshiri

We just have to support dyche and hope he comes good again next season

If youre going to post an 11 then for me, id prefer it if you posted something with a touch of imagination.

I mean, theres no chance Coleman is our starting RB next season or that Dobbin is our left winger. Doucoure also wont be a central midfielder.

Not sure about others but these types of posts are so negative along with the Ben Mee etc shouts.

At least my posts are imaginative and positive.

We need wise use of the loan market this summer.... not another Van DeBeek/El Ghazi/Danjuma.
If Leeds don't come up I reckon Dyche would like to keep Harrison for another season.....

Challenge accepted ;)

If youre going to post an 11 then for me, id prefer it if you posted something with a touch of imagination.

I mean, theres no chance Coleman is our starting RB next season or that Dobbin is our left winger. Doucoure also wont be a central midfielder.

Not sure about others but these types of posts are so negative along with the Ben Mee etc shouts.

At least my posts are imaginative and positive.
hey buddy, coleman will be our starting right back for the next 10 years and you are going to like it

Anton Matkovic linked to us and Fulham by Sportitalia.

They state the 1.91m forward can also be used in wide positions and is likened to his compatriot, Mario Mandzukic, in his home country. In fact, he’s dubbed the ‘new Mandzukic’.

It’s claimed Matkovic received concrete interest in the winter market, but Osijek decided to retain him, in order to allow him to continue his development.

He’s featured regularly since the start of March and both Fulham and Everton would have observed his performances, along with AC Milan and Atalanta.

Matković is also followed by Frosinone and Inter Milan from Serie A, but more timidly for now.

The teenager’s deal lasts until 2026 and Sportitalia claim he’s valued at around €4-5m. It needs to be seen whether Fulham, Everton or another club will consider making an offer for him in the summer window.

All about adding goals and supporting players for goals, we've scored 37 as the crow flies - that return again next season means another relegation battle i think.

Its below the league average and only our survival has been hugely bolstered by a Steller defensive record. We've relied too much on goals throughout the team.

How it comes i don't mind, forwards, wide forwards, creative midfielders, attacking full backs - but we need more goals, creativity and threat.

Anton Matkovic linked to us and Fulham by Sportitalia.

They state the 1.91m forward can also be used in wide positions and is likened to his compatriot, Mario Mandzukic, in his home country. In fact, he’s dubbed the ‘new Mandzukic’.

It’s claimed Matkovic received concrete interest in the winter market, but Osijek decided to retain him, in order to allow him to continue his development.

He’s featured regularly since the start of March and both Fulham and Everton would have observed his performances, along with AC Milan and Atalanta.

Matković is also followed by Frosinone and Inter Milan from Serie A, but more timidly for now.

The teenager’s deal lasts until 2026 and Sportitalia claim he’s valued at around €4-5m. It needs to be seen whether Fulham, Everton or another club will consider making an offer for him in the summer window.

Linked before as well by Fab Romano

We need wise use of the loan market this summer.... not another Van DeBeek/El Ghazi/Danjuma.
If Leeds don't come up I reckon Dyche would like to keep Harrison for another season.....
If another loan were possible then I think we would be all over it.

Harrison has been a very worthwhile solid addition to the team/squad this year.

Not good enough to bring us to a higher level but certainly played his part in keeping us up.