Summer 2024 transfer thread.

If we 'lose' the 8 we still have about 20 players in the first team squad. I wouldnt say its threadbare.
Ok, but of those remaining players a sizeable number are players we have actively been trying to get rid off (with little success). We would have a functional squad of about 15 players, three of whom would be goalkeepers, I would call that threadbare, personally.

If we 'lose' the 8 we still have about 20 players in the first team squad. I wouldnt say its threadbare.
If we lose the 8 and don't bring the 2 loans back into the squad then we will have 14 senior outfield players and that is being very kind to Dobbin and Chermiti who have started about 3 games at this level between them we will very obviously be selling at the very very least one of those 14 aswell so whatever way you look at it the squad will be threadbare its just incredibly stupid to pretend otherwise. Thats why people saying they'd rather spend £20m on young back up midfielders is so dim of course we all would but its so out of touch with the real world that its hard to take seriously we're going to be trying to make a small amount of money go a very long way how anybody can't understand that after everything thats happened I do not know.

Whatever work we do in the summer we HAVE to get our wages in control. The club has been shelling out 100k p/w contracts like they're candy for years and we still don't seem like we have a clue how to get good talent moderately cheaply.

Threadbare of any quality though...

I think with sales of Onana, Maupay and others and alot of players out of contract we may be able to look one or two of the following:

RB: Rav Van Den Berg

We've been linked, fee rumoured at £20mil. He plays RB & CB so may suit Dyche's 'inside' full back setup.

ACM/RW: Yaser Asprilla

Weve been linked and apparently made a bid in Jan. Rumoured that they would accept £30mil.

LW: Samuel Iling-Junior

Linked last summer and during this season. Apparently available for £12mil.

DM: Archie Gray

Everyone wants him and it would be a long shot. But perhaps if Leeds dont come up he may prefer a step up to a side where he would start every game? My guess would be £40mil if it was ever possible.

LW/ACM/RW: Rayan Cherki

Fabulous player who we would love to watch. Lyon have had a poor season and he has a year on his deal, perhaps a cheeky £25mil offer could bring him in?

Others will know far more options than me but the profiles we should be looking at are surely u21 with high potential...that could start for us from day 1.

Not only do we need to improve the team but also the squad value as well to make money.

I think with sales of Onana, Maupay and others and alot of players out of contract we may be able to look one or two of the following:

We've been linked, fee rumoured at £20mil. He plays RB & CB so may suit Dyche's 'inside' full back setup.

Weve been linked and apparently made a bid in Jan. Rumoured that they would accept £30mil.

Everyone wants him and it would be a long shot. But perhaps if Leeds dont come up he may prefer a step up to a side where he would start every game? My guess would be £40mil if it was ever possible.

Fabulous player who we would love to watch. Lyon have had a poor season and he has a year on his deal, perhaps a cheeky £25mil offer could bring him in?

Others will know far more options than me but the profiles we should be looking at are surely u21 with high potential...that could start for us from day 1.

Not only do we need to improve the team but also the squad value as well to make money.
lol lol lol

What bit about us being absolutely skint are you struggling with mate lol

Ok, but of those remaining players a sizeable number are players we have actively been trying to get rid off (with little success). We would have a functional squad of about 15 players, three of whom would be goalkeepers, I would call that threadbare, personally.

Quality is threadbare, but the number of players isnt ;)

If we lose the 8 and don't bring the 2 loans back into the squad then we will have 14 senior outfield players and that is being very kind to Dobbin and Chermiti who have started about 3 games at this level between them we will very obviously be selling at the very very least one of those 14 aswell so whatever way you look at it the squad will be threadbare its just incredibly stupid to pretend otherwise. Thats why people saying they'd rather spend £20m on young back up midfielders is so dim of course we all would but its so out of touch with the real world that its hard to take seriously we're going to be trying to make a small amount of money go a very long way how anybody can't understand that after everything thats happened I do not know.

Well, no. If Onana goes and Gomes + Gana are out of contract there is only Garner + Doucoure to fill 3 midfield positions.

At the same time we would only have Mills as a backup right winger.

To further highlight this:

LW: McNeil / Dobbin
CM: Garner / Warrington(?)
CM:
RW: Mills(?)
ACM: Doucoure

We would need to bring in at least 2 CM + 2 RW/ACM players that can play both roles.

= 4 players

If we sold Onana, Maupay and one or two others then we can bring in 4 players quite comfortably.

You either bring in low cost, low wage backup midfielders OR you gamble on higher wage midfielders which is what got you into the mess in the first place.

Also its not about signing 'backup' players, its about competition.

Please show your working out.

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Tyrer
LB: Mykolenko
LCB: Branthwaite / Holgate
RCB: Tarkowski / Keane
RB: Patterson / Godfrey
LM: McNeil / Dobbin
CM: Garner / Warrington
CM:
RM: Mills
CF: DCL / Beto / Chermiti / Maupay

= 20 players on the books.

I imagine we won't sign any of these. Knowing everton, they won't even be aware of them, probably!!

We're terrible at buying good players

Well, no. If Onana goes and Gomes + Gana are out of contract there is only Garner + Doucoure to fill 3 midfield positions.

CM:

We would need to bring in at least 2 CM + 2 RW/ACM players that can play both roles.

= 4 players

If we sold Onana, Maupay and one or two others then we can bring in 4 players quite comfortably.

You either bring in low cost, low wage backup midfielders OR you gamble on higher wage midfielders which is what got you into the mess in the first place.

CM:

You can't just include kids with no experience and who obviously aren't even very highly rated as if they're an actual part of the squad what is wrong with you ffs.

CM:

= 4 players

CM:

Holgate, Keane, Godfrey, maupey will be gone. Chances are branthwaite will more than likely be gone. Maybe pickers too. Mills, Warrington Chermiti, are nowhere near first team. Dobbin is bench player. Beto abysmal. Doucoure may well be gone. That leaves about 2 and a half players...