Summer 2024 transfer thread.

I think summer transfer plans will be easy, a check box exercise for the club;

- Talked to player or linked to them for more then 1 transfer window ✅
- Free transfer ✅
- Played for Dyche (or a new manger if he goes) ✅
- Extremely low wages ✅
- Over the age of 27 ✅

A tick in 3/4 of these will probably show who we will be going after.

I HATE how often we seem to be linked with a player for 4 windows then sign him, like we cant move on if we cant get a player.
Josh Brownhill is a cert.

Josh Brownhill is a cert.

So is Gana the first to be gone. Read earlier we not taking up the extension option

All guess work in the form of clickbait from people that are running out of ideas...not only I am expecting him to stay with us, but even if we do end up relegated I am expecting him to be part of the squad.

He’s not on a free and dyche won’t be here, so neither will this no mark of a footballer

Brownhill: His contract does expire this summer, please see:

However, Burnley have an option to extend for a year which they have not yet taken up. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that there is a clause stating they must be in the premier league to trigger the option.

Who knows. Hes been dropped recenly by Kompany. Perhaps they dont want to be paying premier league wages for him if/when they go down?

Gana: Similar situation to Brownhill in that we have an option to extend (assuming on the same terms). However, hes 35 in september and can become even worse next season.

I think we may offer him a £40-50k a week deal separate to the option but assume he will be off to Qatar.

Asprilla: Obviously we made a bid for him at the end of the January window. What that was, we dont know.

We can assume nothing has changed since then, in fact things have become worse on the playing front.

He can replace either Doucoure or Harrison in the team. I think he's someone who appears to be ideal for us @Nymzee @Simon Buttle any thoughts on him?

I suspect after a couple of sales we go for him again...

Teamtalk:

Branthwaite were saying hes better than Fofana so the £75mil for him is the lower benchmark.

Onana were saying hes better than Lavia so the £58mil is the lower benchmark.

Brownhill: His contract does expire this summer, please see:

However, Burnley have an option to extend for a year which they have not yet taken up. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that there is a clause stating they must be in the premier league to trigger the option.

Who knows. Hes been dropped recenly by Kompany. Perhaps they dont want to be paying premier league wages for him if/when they go down?

Gana: Similar situation to Brownhill in that we have an option to extend (assuming on the same terms). However, hes 35 in september and can become even worse next season.

I think we may offer him a £40-50k a week deal separate to the option but assume he will be off to Qatar.
Whatever the outcome, brownhill is crap, would he even be in people’s thoughts if dyche wasn’t our manager

Whatever the outcome, brownhill is crap, would he even be in people’s thoughts if dyche wasn’t our manager
It’s more about the finances really but yes dyche having managed him before obviously means he’s mentioned more nobody wants us to sign brownhill but all the signs are that we will be trying to fill the squad with cheap options and he is an obvious one.