• Weaker

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • Marc Hottiger

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 point out of the last 12 against mostly relegation fodder so we are either weaker or the manager is doing absolutely abysmal.

I would say both.

It was negligent to leave our attack so weak and reliant on DCL for a number of years, now I fear it's the same regarding our defence, we have no reliable back up for Tarks and Braithwaite.

We have much better options up front.
We have less options at the back.

An optimist would say we are stronger, a pessimist would say we are weaker

I think stronger. Bear in mind we still have dare I say it Dele to come back and DCL , Harrison and Coleman to return. Danjumma and Beto have hit the ground running which has seen some shoots of optimism

Bilbo knows the score.

images.jpeg.jpg

Far stronger. Shouldnt even be a debate.

The weaker is due to the tactics of Dyche and shouldnt be put on the players.

Seeing a lot of people bemoaning the "fact" we are weaker now, than when this window started.
I don't agree at all.
Our biggest issue last year, by a country mile, was scoring goals.
We have rectified that in a big way. To the panel we have added Beto, Danjuma, Chermiti and Harrison. All goal threats, all a big improvement on what we had,

CB has been weakened, ok. However, with Branthwaite coming in, and assuming we see our starting pair as him and Tarkowski, then again, I see no weakening.
Iwobi has gone and with him goes, in my opinion, very little. Bang average, and we got a nice wedge for him. Ashley Young was a very shrewd signing and covers so may spots, primarily both full back rolls.
Post international break, with most if not all players fit, our captain returning and actual goal threats on the pitch, and the bench, I see us in a much stronger position than we were.

Everyone likes to have an active deadline day. Being inactive can frustrate and annoy people and give the impression of a failed window. It's an illusion. We have certainly had a decent window and I believe the weeks and months to come, will reflect this,

UP THE F***ING TOFFEES!

Beto is a positive because he was badly needed but the rest I'm not so sure are better. Your assuming Danjuma is better than Gray but when Gray joined didn't he score something like 4 in his first 6? Let's see if Danjuma can score more, so far his decision making has been awful. He should have taken the game away from sheff utd yesterday in a 4 v 2 but was selfish.

Harrison I'm not convinced by at all and I personally think is a downgrade on Iwobi all things considered. He's not playing for attacking Leeds anymore, he's playing for defensive Everton so will be extremely difficult to replicate his previous numbers.

Chermiti looks very raw and may not see much of him.

We have lost Mina and Coady. Branthwaite looks like potential but it will be very tough for him. The defence is a certain downgrade. And the lack of backup goalkeeper could be dangerous as well.

I think we are slightly weaker but so Is the league so I would expect us to finish somewhere around where we did last season. But the dreadful start is a big cause for concern because we should have at least 6 points on the board and with tougher fixtures ahead it's worrying.

Definitely weaker in defence especially numbers

Definitely weaker in nets. Begovic is better than Virginia.

Midfield is short a body. Iwobi could cover there and has left.

Out wide we basically replaced Gordon and Iwobi with Harrison and Danjuma, one a short term loan.

Up top clearly stronger.

But overall find it a difficult argument to say squad is better. At best its much of a muchness. I'd argue slightly weaker.

But standing still even means going back in this league.

I agree with all this except the last bit because I think this season standing still is not necessarily so bad given that the league is weaker. Last season the relegated teams were decent sides. This season we have Luton and Sheff utd in the league who are very low standard.

Much stronger, two strikers now and a young player in Chermitti learning his trade.

Better wingers, Dyche has stumbled upon Garner and Onana being the best central partnership, he's also had no alternative but to start Jarred Braintwaite.

Less numbers, but much less crap within those numbers. And better quality further forward takes the pressure of the defence. Improved our defence by being more of a threat going forward and on the counter despite losing Mina and Coleman being out.

Status
Not open for further replies.