Strike Duo Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxtethBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
Strike Duo Return? – News Archive – News – evertonfc.com - The Official Website of Everton Football Club

Everton strike duo Louis Saha and Victor Anichebe could be fit to face Chelsea at Goodison Park on Monday.

Blues assistant boss Steve Round has confirmed both will be "very close", meaning light at the end of the tunnel for manager David Moyes.

The Goodison chief had to push Tim Cahill into a lone striker role for the trip to Manchester City last weekend but would relish the return of one, or both, of his strikers.

Meanwhile James Vaughan has undergone surgery to repair cartilage in his knee. The striker went under the knife on Wednesday but does not yet know when he will be fit for a return.

"They'll [Anichebe and Saha] face fitness tests on Saturday or Sunday and we're quite hopeful they'll both be fit and available for selection," said Round.

"If not we've got Tim Cahill, Marouane Fellaini and young Lukas Jutkiewicz, so we're not concerned too much. But, of course, we'd really like it if they were available.

"Everything went well for James," he continued. "It was just an operation to repair cartilage - a clean up. We wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully he'll be fit before the end of the season. We'll have to wait and see how he goes in the next few weeks."

As well as Vaughan, Moyes is definitely without long-term injury victims Yakubu and Lars Jacobsen for the visit of Phil Scolari’s side.

I have a slight suspicion that Saha could've been on the bench for Citeh. But being that he was probably 80% fit there was no point in risking him because he's injury prone. Better to rest him till he fully recovered to start playing him.

Saha will start on Monday I'm sure.

I have a slight suspicion that Saha could've been on the bench for Citeh. But being that he was probably 80% fit there was no point in risking him because he's injury prone. Better to rest him till he fully recovered to start playing him.

Saha will start on Monday I'm sure.

I agree with that, they probably didn't want to take any chances. We all know how fragile he is.

I hope he starts, if he's in the right condition I'm sure he will.

Yea i can see Louis starting, then if Vic is fit, thrown on for the last 30mins or with it being Davey the last 3minutes when Louis is crawling around the pitch. We are gonna destroy them like a cheap piece of toilet roll.

Strike Duo Return? – News Archive – News – evertonfc.com - The Official Website of Everton Football Club

Everton strike duo Louis Saha and Victor Anichebe could be fit to face Chelsea at Goodison Park on Monday.

Blues assistant boss Steve Round has confirmed both will be "very close", meaning light at the end of the tunnel for manager David Moyes.

The Goodison chief had to push Tim Cahill into a lone striker role for the trip to Manchester City last weekend but would relish the return of one, or both, of his strikers.

Meanwhile James Vaughan has undergone surgery to repair cartilage in his knee. The striker went under the knife on Wednesday but does not yet know when he will be fit for a return.

"They'll [Anichebe and Saha] face fitness tests on Saturday or Sunday and we're quite hopeful they'll both be fit and available for selection," said Round.

"If not we've got Tim Cahill, Marouane Fellaini and young Lukas Jutkiewicz, so we're not concerned too much. But, of course, we'd really like it if they were available.

"Everything went well for James," he continued. "It was just an operation to repair cartilage - a clean up. We wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully he'll be fit before the end of the season. We'll have to wait and see how he goes in the next few weeks."

As well as Vaughan, Moyes is definitely without long-term injury victims Yakubu and Lars Jacobsen for the visit of Phil Scolari’s side.

Is Yakubu still out is he????
:coffee:

Cahill on his own may work against a body builder who can't defend (Micah Richards) but I can't see it working against John Terry and co to be honest.

Saha or Anichebe for me. We need someone pacy upfront who can give us an outlet.

Cahill on his own may work against a body builder who can't defend (Micah Richards) but I can't see it working against John Terry and co to be honest.

Saha or Anichebe for me. We need someone pacy upfront who can give us an outlet.

I agree my little cheesecake, John Terry will abuse Cahill. You need a bit of guile against the boy.

Not saying i agree with it, but i dont think Moyes will take risks with any of our strikers with so many games in a short space of time over Christmas and the New Year. Just what i think he will be thinking.

Isnt Terry a doubht for this one, though i beleive Carvaliho could return.

According to the Echo, Timmy could be holding the line again. Let's hope he can produce a replica of his wonder goal against Chelsea last season.

Not saying i agree with it, but i dont think Moyes will take risks with any of our strikers with so many games in a short space of time over Christmas and the New Year. Just what i think he will be thinking.

Isnt Terry a doubht for this one, though i beleive Carvaliho could return.

Really? Says who? I like that kid, probably my favourite other club prem player. Hope he's not fit.

I reckon Saha will start and play an absolute blinder; I think he likes playing against good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.