stones and barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, people are making the mistake of thinking that the players we could potentially bring back would be the ones that enticed the big clubs in, in the first place.

If that were the case, they wouldn't be frozen out at their clubs in the first place.

I predict Stones will get a mid-table (not us) move and fail to regain his form there. He'll Rodwell about a bit for a few years before signing for boyhood club Barnsley for his swansong.

Barkley will probably get a similar mid-table move and do quite well. He may well be able to do some bits for us, but given how/why he fled the city and had us off in the process, we'll never find out.

Barkley has a West Ham Move written all over him. Add him to the list of yarmalenko, Lanzini, and Anderson who seem to look like world class players one minute but struggle to produce any goods in a West Ham shirt.

If Barkley didn't leave the way he did I'd welcome him back all day, I don't think he cares about Football anymore though he's happy to cruise along at someone like Chelsea's bench for the rest of his life.
Stones, Nah.

Times have changed, they're not the same players anymore.
Barkley to me looks like he's been overcoached, gone is the player that had no fear and could receive the ball and break the lines, talented boy but he just looks clunky and cumbersome now.
Stones has lost his way trying to live up to the hype and a few injuries have set him back a bit.

Talented players, but not in my opinion first names on the teamsheet of a top 4 team. Should we get them back? nope, those days are long gone, they aren't the same players and collectively we'd probably only give them one bad game before the insults start.

Regardless of the past and where they carry on their careers, it was a pleasure to see them both play in blue.

You don’t think he would improve the first team?
Maybe, but the idea he is the best available that we could sign seems unlikely. Brands job is to find new talent but listening to some on here we should just put the 2016 side back together.

Barkley is better than all our midfielders.
Thats really difficult. I could sell you my grand-mother (ok shes dead but still... ), would be a big big improvement. A midfield of dwarfs midgets, children and puffs!

Barkley has a West Ham Move written all over him. Add him to the list of yarmalenko, Lanzini, and Anderson who seem to look like world class players one minute but struggle to produce any goods in a West Ham shirt.

I actually think going to team like West Ham would make him. Back in the day, every team would have some big names, star players, and it wasn't always about moving to 3 or 4 teams. The game has changed for the worse in this respect.

Every team needs a Star, and every star needs a team to shine in. Sometimes, when players go to certain bigger teams, they lost in the company they keep. Some people need to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond to thrive. And I think this Is definitely the case with Barkley.

He would definitely improve us as well btw, but it's best for all concerned if he doesn't return, not at this time anyway. Somewhere down the line? Who knows. But I thing he needs a change to become the player he is capable of being. And other players would do well follow that same advice.

P. S. I'd still take Stones and Deulofeu back though.

Stones is the only player I can think of who has ever gone backwards under Guardiola.

You'd be paying him top money to put in Rolls Royce performances against the worst teams in the league at home, only to then fills his little knickers at the first sign of trouble in a game against serious opposition (like he literally did at Anfield).

Barkley all day long, he wouldn’t come back after the way we/Koeman treated him.
Once again, if Koeman treated him so badly why did he give an interview praising Koeman for improving him as a footballer and expressing sympathy to him following his dismissal?
Barkley had decided to jib Everton off before Koeman arrived.
For whatever reason he doesn’t like us and will not return........ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.