Steven Naismith

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, it's not entirely true. After the Chelsea game:

Played 90 minutes in the 0-0 away to Swansea.
72 minutes vs WBA away in the 3-2 win.
90 minutes vs Liverpool in the 1-1 draw.
90 minutes vs Utd, in a game everyone played terribly in.

He's not featured for Everton at all since Oct 17, apart from 4 minutes at the end of the Boro cup game.

I genuinely don't think he's been treated fairly and think he's a good option as a sub, coming on for the last 15-20 minutes in tight games. I don't subscribe to this idea some people have that he's some sort of Stuart Barlow figure. I'd play him ahead of Kone.

I'm really not sure why the Naismith hate seems to have increased of late, despite him playing virtually no games for us in the last 2 months.
Just for the record, it was 45 minutes against United. Everyone was terrible in that match, but he was so notably dreadful that he was replaced at halftime. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's only played 4 minutes since then.

You're right, it's not entirely true. After the Chelsea game:

Played 90 minutes in the 0-0 away to Swansea.
72 minutes vs WBA away in the 3-2 win.
90 minutes vs Liverpool in the 1-1 draw.
90 minutes vs Utd, in a game everyone played terribly in.

He's not featured for Everton at all since Oct 17, apart from 4 minutes at the end of the Boro cup game.

I genuinely don't think he's been treated fairly and think he's a good option as a sub, coming on for the last 15-20 minutes in tight games. I don't subscribe to this idea some people have that he's some sort of Stuart Barlow figure. I'd play him ahead of Kone.

I'm really not sure why the Naismith hate seems to have increased of late, despite him playing virtually no games for us in the last 2 months.

I agree, actually think he could of been a game changer in the second halves of the last few games we have had draws, especially when we seemed to have lacked the aggression and drive to kill games off

Are you serious lad?

1. Naismith is absolute tosh at 'link up play' - to link play up you have to be able to control a ball and to pass a ball - he can do neither
2. Steel and Selfishness and then you quote Osman as providing that? - Leon 'just run past me like I'm a 9yo girl' Osman?
3. Why not ignore stats and use your bloody eyes, they are both utter rubbbish

Osman got goals, passes and an overdue England call up... Maybe Naismith catches the eye on TV. he started the season well, RM favours Kone (past it, albeit fair play to his come back from injury ), form since proves point.

Let's say you're right, who would you go for goalie wise and CM in this window?

Osman got goals, passes and an overdue England call up... Maybe Naismith catches the eye on TV. he started the season well, RM favours Kone (past it, albeit fair play to his come back from injury ), form since proves point.

Let's say you're right, who would you go for goalie wise and CM in this window?

probably no one mate - no goalkeeper good enough to come right in as a starter will be available mid season and you need time for them tom get used to the team and cm - got no idea - the fm beauts on here prob have a massive list though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.