Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case that's not a joke, he'd count as EU and therefore it won't be an issue.

That's unless Spain throw a spanner in the works and manage to block an independent Scotland re-joining the EU.

Even in that case, he's got to be the first name on the Scottish national team sheet. As such, a permit wouldn't be an issue.

It'd take years for an independent Scotland to join the EU.

Trust me on this, I work in Whitehall.

Scotland would have been put straight into the EU as soon as, they're already under it's auspices. It's just a name change, nothing like a non-member scenario. Just scare mongering to say otherwise.

I dont like being forced by a cult to think a certain way when it doesn't mesh with reality as I see it. He's playing well enough, but there's some genuine OTT clap trap being spoken.
Still of the belief that, of the two, Lukaku is the big game player and Naismith is just a decent squad player?

In my mind its no coincidence that the goals flow when he's in the team through the middle. Sone people are saying he had a bad game but he forced the first goal and made intelligent runs all night. Should be on 4 goals in 5 games. Theres a massive reason Martinez rates him and its not hard to see why.

Hes been great touching on 20 games now stretched across a couple of seasons, safe to say class rather then form. Looks like his slow start was the recovery of his injury. Seems like a top lad as well. TBH i think hes playing in his natural position now.

If McGeady had half the impact, Naismith has had people would be creaming.

Scotland would have been put straight into the EU as soon as, they're already under it's auspices. It's just a name change, nothing like a non-member scenario. Just scare mongering to say otherwise.

I know it's all moot now (plus I am Scottish, but lived in Souey for since pre-teens), but Scotland would NEVER have been let into the EU as it sets a precedence for the Basque region in Spain/France, Catalonia in Spain, and a few other separatist areas within current member states. Therefore France and Spain would veto any application.

But luckily it doesn't matter now, and Steven Naismith can go on contributing with goals and assists, whilst still being underrated (IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.