Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there has ever been a player that I've enjoyed seeing change the mindset of fans its Naismith. The lad is a top top pro.

The way he got involved at getting under Arsnal players skins and chatting to the ref was ace - a proper tasste of their own medicine. We have needed that for some time, Cahill was great at it. Baines has infuriated me with his "fairness" - not appealing for a pen, getting up quick to stop a player getting a yellow card and having the same player roll over when he touches them.

We have needed to be a little more "cynical" for a while, itsa not nice but the other teams do it to their advantage.

Love how he is being recognized for what he offers now. Finishing and positioning are boss. Imagine he never done that ACL twice, could have been quick too. Used to sigh his name was on the team sheet out on the wing. Now I expect it in the whole behind Rom.

Mourinho often played Eto'o off Milito at Inter Milan - either in the hole behind or as one of an attacking three out wide.

He gives you those options.

Personally, I cant see either Lukaku or Eto'o sitting games out. Naismith has a role to play too. He can work off the bench against tiring defences who'd find him a major problem to pin down (at least in his current form).

People need to stop seeing 'the bench' as a negative position now we are beginning to put together a very strong attacking unit.

I don't think that the "bench" is necessarily negative, but I think that if a player is playing well when he's starting, there's no reason to begin using him as an impact sub instead. Naismith has played 2 games and scored in both of them so far, what more do you want from him?

I don't think that the "bench" is necessarily negative, but I think that if a player is playing well when he's starting, there's no reason to begin using him as an impact sub instead. Naismith has played 2 games and scored in both of them so far, what more do you want from him?
He's done ok.

What I'm saying here (and the point is being ignored - conveniently) is that we have now a situation where we have two star strikers. Martinez does not go with two as a rule. Therefore, one will play in behind or out wide. That is the fact of the matter. Who makes way in that event?

Bv_mSOaIYAAWTgn.png:large

Status
Not open for further replies.