Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He might be really good, he might not, we don't really know do we. If he has a release clause it's just a matter of time though, so you'd better get used to seeing his face around, fools.

Monchi to Walsh, I can't cope with this club.
Look at the bright side.

Monchi is unproven in England, and gets a lot of deals from South America (harder to do in England than Spain). Walsh has had at least some success in the league we play in.

Monchi also has not proven his worth with a massive budget, but with a sell to buy model. He was no sure thing.

I.E. We should stop assuming that talent automatically translates across leagues, and simply wait to see the results. Results are the only thing that matters here. And I don't necessarily know that Monchi would be better than Walsh.

Not that it doesn't seem disappointing...but seriously...why are we disappointed by the idea of getting in a guy that appears to have been instrumental in Leicester frigging City winning the Premier League? Are we really that broken by Football Manager and the Champions League that we assume the only good football minds are foreign?

You gave up on mata mate I can give up on mr Walsh

indeed-that-is-a-good-point.png

Monchi to Walsh, I can't cope with this club.

Much rather have Walsh, he knows this league better. Monchi has a decent track record but if we had landed him he would have brought in several young players from Spain for example and no idea if they would have fit in. We don't have time for this kind of piddling about. The plan surely is about the stadium and hitting the top positions in 3 years. Next year we need to finish high, this is not a time for experimentation and this shows in Moshiri's choices, he is going with stable/solid and experience but high quality with it. This will be a great addition to the squad. Look at what all the Southampton fans said: 'he'll never leave us for Everton.. Everton?? haha.' Look at what the Leicester fans said or are saying 'Everton? Not worried about them taking him, will never happen.' These are some big statements by Moshiri. Christ I sound like the Esk. But it's blatant, you can see what is going on, Moshiri is building a very powerful team. Hope we see some fresh power in the board soon too!

I think the more apt comparison would be Mourinho to Koeman.

Well that ship sailed the minute LVG got the boot.

But anyrate, DOF? If I am honest, I really couldnt give two shakes of a lambs tail.

Scout in old money. Some get lucky.

We should stop assuming that talent automatically translates across leagues, and simply wait to see the results.

why are we disappointed by the idea of getting in a guy that appears to have been instrumental in Leicester frigging City winning the Premier League? Are we really that broken by Football Manager and the Champions League that we assume the only good football minds are foreign?

Beware of the royal 'we'. There are many of us that would be very happy with this acquisition.

Beware of the royal 'we'. There are many of us that would be very happy with this acquisition.
I'm sure there are, but when I'm preaching patience and reason I tend to use the royal we. The reasoning is to make my post seem more reasonable and accessible than it would normally read (which is smug, condescending, and judgemental).

"He's just like us", rather than "look at this guy, telling me how to think".

Basically, I'm a monster. But....look over thataway

*runs*

Status
Not open for further replies.