Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are just acquiring the services and contacts of an agent to help us out, supposedly. If it gets us closer to where we need to be, then fine.

We haven't violently attacked a rival teams bus, or anything.

I think Liverpool paid the most in fees to agents last summer, but not the most in transfer fees.
It may be that if you are paying these super agents you pay them more money, but maybe they can make savings in transfer fees.

I think Liverpool paid the most in fees to agents last summer, but not the most in transfer fees.
It may be that if you are paying these super agents you pay them more money, but maybe they can make savings in transfer fees.
they control players. Ross going to Chelsea so his agent could get 7m, Rom was all set to go back to Cheslea until i imagine his agent got himself a better commission at United. Like it or not it's the way things are heading and if we're gonna jump in bed with an agent it may as well be the biggest agent there is.

Or just jib it all off. That is always an option.

I am not against signing "boss players".

I am against selling our soul even though I totally understand that it needs to be done.

I don't want to be like other clubs. I want us to be Everton.

It's no big deal like. I can just chose not to partake.
The thing is, jibbing it off puts us in the dark ages of football which this season has been a fantastic example of. Hiring old school managers on a old school transfer policy has put us as unnterested in the club as it has ever been.

Before now I would fully agree with you but it's clear that getting into bed with shady characters like riaola could be the difference between us progressing and going backwards. The minute we hired allardyce we joined the group at the bottom who all tread water and never get anywhere so we need to break the cycle that has been here for 15 years at least.

I know it's selling our soul but football has moved on, and I don't want to keep ending our season in January because we are sticking to football traditions set 30 years ago.

Reactions: FTY
The thing is, jibbing it off puts us in the dark ages of football which this season has been a fantastic example of. Hiring old school managers on a old school transfer policy has put us as unnterested in the club as it has ever been.

Before now I would fully agree with you but it's clear that getting into bed with shady characters like riaola could be the difference between us progressing and going backwards. The minute we hired allardyce we joined the group at the bottom who all tread water and never get anywhere so we need to break the cycle that has been here for 15 years at least.

I know it's selling our soul but football has moved on, and I don't want to keep ending our season in January because we are sticking to football traditions set 30 years ago.

No I agree with all of that. I just don't think its for me. I fell out of love with football itself a while ago. This may just finish me off. I'm sure they will cope without me like!

I genuinely don't get how that link up with Raola would work. He'd be acting on our behalf to source players and take a cut of any transfer fee, or what?

I suppose the problem would be when the player says "no", right? It's all well and good him telling his world class Brazilian striker to come join Everton, but once another club better than us, of which there are pyar, shows an interest, said player will tell us to shove our deal up our arses and do one.

Players and their agents have the power, most dont care who they play for in all honesty, if they are CL qualifiers then their stock price is high, they can ask whatever they want. The agent if he knows he can get more at Chelsea than say Man Utd will just flip them and control the deal, IE Lukaku.
Wolves have an interesting business model, risky, but if those players they scouted from lower leagues in Portugal prove good in the Prem then its a big pay off for them in terms of transfer fees, mix that with home grown kids then its not a bad business model.

Barkley only went to Chelsea as they needed more home grown in the squad, Drinkwater the same, do you really think the manager wanted Danny Drinkwater as his CL central midfield option ?

Status
Not open for further replies.