Starting 11 for 1st Premiership game of season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be interested to see what shape / form and attitude Ross returns from Vegas with.....

I agree but after the last 10 games of last season you'd be stretched to pick one player as a certainty
Martinez seemed to have completely drained our entire team, good players don't turn crap overnight, we have a decent starting 11 but the we need to add quality players to actually compete this year
Baines and Coleman are the only players that are certain to be first choice IMO. Rom if he's still around too.

First 11 with what we have right now.

Joel

Coleman
Jags
Funes Mori
Beautiful Baines

Besic
GazBaz

Del
Ross
Kev

Rom

Witsel in for Besic should he sign, Mata for Ross or Kev and Robson Kanu for Rom should we manage to get him.

Enckelman
Coleman, Steven Taylor, Jagielka, Baines
Sidwell, Cattermole
Mirallas, Barkley, Hoolahan
Niasse

Think Bill will manage to convince his top targets to come. On loan like

As it stands now with no new additions (sob):

Robles

Coleman Stones Funes Mori Baines

Deulofeu McCarthy Barry Mirallas

Barkley Lukaku

With proper coaching and guidance that team is still good enough for top 6 easy, people have forgotten just how negative Martinez's influence was, he literally poisoned all that was good about so many players.

REALITY CHECK. We finished 5 points ahead of 16th places Bournemouth for god's sake. This wasn't just down to Martinez and his gang of incompetence.

We finished 11th the season before as well, that's 76 games we've been bog average. This squad needs plenty of ins and outs. I would be absolutely disgusted if we didn't do any business between now and the end of the season.

It's infuriating how our fans overate our players, yet they're the first to foam at the mouth when the results are poor.

Ter Stegen
Coleman Koubalily Funes Mori Baines
Barkley Witsel
Deulofeu Mata Perisic
Lukaku

Bench - Robles Davies Barry Lennon Kev Jags A yet to be signed striker who can hold the ball up.

League won. Easy this footie manager lark when your millionaires and its dead easy to get deals over the line. Didnt want to get too unrealistic though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.