Stanley Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has played every outfield position over the last 12/18 months apart from centre half and left back.. but he thinks long term he wants to be a central attacking midfielder

Didn't see that.
We’ll keep this one open as that last one hasn’t had a reply in ages.

…mmmm, I think both will be on the bench now.

Who plays depends lots on whether the injury to Patterson means reverting to 3 CBs. McNeil was terrific at Leeds & I thought impressive at Brentford. I wouldn’t be putting young Mills ahead of him at this point, despite me thinking he could be one for the future.

Personally, I think Coleman coming in as a straight replacement in a back four should be adequate. Hopefully Patterson isn’t as bad as some fear.
It would be worrying if FL went with a 3. The 4 at the back is the system best suited to our squad and is working well at the moment. If it isn't broken etc etc.

I think we will see him get first team action as the season progresses but at the moment the manager has to focus on picking up points.
Remove the spectre of relegation, build confidence in the team and club and then the time will be right to introduce young players.

Make a cracking name for an outlet retail centre just off the M6 in an old industrial Lancastrian town.
Not Lancashire but ….

Attachments

• 5E3DF0DB-AF7D-4C80-AE1B-B58094C160D9.jpeg
    5E3DF0DB-AF7D-4C80-AE1B-B58094C160D9.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 84
Gray and Gordon both struggling this season,this kid appears to be pushing very strongly in the ressies,could be the time to integrate more into the first team squad to put pressure on these two?
Im suprised we havent seen him on the bench more considering we only ever have McNeil & Maupay on the bench as attacking options.
Perhaps he travels to Austrailia with the first team to show his improvement

Im suprised we havent seen him on the bench more considering we only ever have McNeil & Maupay on the bench as attacking options.
Perhaps he travels to Austrailia with the first team to show his improvement
Yep,possibly be involved in the cup game at Bournemouth as well even if off the bench, Whittaker and Cannon also seem to be banging them in,I know it's a different level but they can't really do much more to knock on the first team door and given our lack of goals maybe they will be in the managers thoughts.

Yep,possibly be involved in the cup game at Bournemouth as well even if off the bench, Whittaker and Cannon also seem to be banging them in,I know it's a different level but they can't really do much more to knock on the first team door and given our lack of goals maybe they will be in the managers thoughts.
Think its important to prove there is a pathway also. As you say 2 or 3 of them cant really do much more in there matches they are playing.
In terms of forwards though, we have townsend back after the break and wouldnt be suprised if we dip in the market.

You’d think with nine substitutes on the bench Frank would have one or two youngsters on the bench, not much risk there.

Status
Not open for further replies.