Staff writer job at EFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hint to anyone that is considering it seriously and who hasn't got any formal journalist qualifications: get something - preferably more than one something - published.

Where? Look at online sites (or set up your own blog) or talk nicely to THT and LCAB or Danny about publishing an article.
What? One of the duties is interviewing, which is something a lot of people who publish on the internet are wary of doing. (We tend to prefer spouting our own opinions, not talking and listening to other people.) Go and find the oldest Evertonian you know and ask them about their memories, when they started going to the game, any special memories, stuff that would interest you as a fan. Write it up, then cut it by 50%. If you've got any connection to anyone at the club (for example, a trainer, a ticket person, someone who played in the youth and then got dropped) then use it and write a day in the life or something.

Last edited:
Hint to anyone that is considering it seriously and who hasn't got any formal journalist qualifications: get something - preferably more than one something - published.

Where? Look at online sites (or set up your own blog) or talk nicely to THT and LCAB or Danny about publishing an article.
What? One of the duties is interviewing, which is something a lot of people who publish on the internet are wary of doing. (We tend to prefer spouting our own opinions, not talking and listening to other people.) Go and find the oldest Evertonian you know and ask them about their memories, when they started going to the game, any special memories, stuff that would interest you as a fan. Write it up, then cut it by 50%. If you've got any connection to anyone at the club (for example, a trainer, a ticket person, someone who played in the youth and then got dropped) then use it and write a day in the life or something.

I think Tubey writes stuff on here, so there's something for him if he applies!

Note to D/D: I'd well be up for writing shizzle for the forum. U NO I HAZ MAD GRAMMER SKILZ

I used to be a journalist for the Daily Post, even if that does sound like a contradiction.

On a separate note, I did not used to be a journalist for the Daily Post.

Sure. What you're really saying is you used to be a mailman, writing and posting those little "we weren't able to deliver your package" notes, daily.

I wish I was a good writer.

I'd love to work for Everton, it wouldn't really feel like a job.

this lid, been looking for a job for quite a bit now,
is there any that dont need expierence / gsce's?

thinkin of it. doing something in everton would be perfecto 4 me,
atleast id put in 100% effort would feel guilty taking the wage off them though
silly as it sounds, keep me wages an get some players in !

if any player would be on £1 a week cos thats all id probly earn .. known me with my great skills :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.