squad number changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say No, this sort of comment really does my head in. If you cant afford it say No.
I remember a time a when the the boss of the relationship was the mum/dad, how things have changed

well this tells me that football has defo lost its way.
football is the sport of the people.
so if familys cant afford the shirt , or the match day tickets , and now due to the hijacking of the sport by tv stations such as sky , surely access to the club is now only for the stupid and the ignorant.

this is wrong in my opinion.
every child should be allowed some sort of access despite there social and financial standing.
when i was a kid , prices of tickets and merchandise were not cheap but were reasonable. i could watch the odd games on free to air tv and listen to them on the radio.
all these avenues now come at too much of a cost and it worries me that poorer families are missing out unfairly.

30 seconds of everton highlights on bbc free to air match of the day is not going to be enough to keep the future blue noses interested.

football was always for the kid on the street and the working family man.
now its geared towards middle class fair weather freind oinks and fat cat prawn sandwich eating pillocks.

player wages should come down , tv fees should come down , merchandise should come down and shouldnt change so much , and atleast 1 premiership game should be shown a week on free to air tv.
fans used to be supporters , now there just wallets to fleece.
thats my opinion.

well this tells me that football has defo lost its way.
football is the sport of the people.
so if familys cant afford the shirt , or the match day tickets , and now due to the hijacking of the sport by tv stations such as sky , surely access to the club is now only for the stupid and the ignorant.

this is wrong in my opinion.
every child should be allowed some sort of access despite there social and financial standing.
when i was a kid , prices of tickets and merchandise were not cheap but were reasonable. i could watch the odd games on free to air tv and listen to them on the radio.
all these avenues now come at too much of a cost and it worries me that poorer families are missing out unfairly.

30 seconds of everton highlights on bbc free to air match of the day is not going to be enough to keep the future blue noses interested.

football was always for the kid on the street and the working family man.
now its geared towards middle class fair weather freind oinks and fat cat prawn sandwich eating pillocks.

player wages should come down , tv fees should come down , merchandise should come down and shouldnt change so much , and atleast 1 premiership game should be shown a week on free to air tv.
fans used to be supporters , now there just wallets to fleece.
thats my opinion.

I'd like to agree with you, but sadly the world has changed a bit since you and I were a kid...Btw, be easy on me, this is my first post...:stick:

No #24 for the Nets or the knicks. Back to drawing board, assuming he supports a local side

The only player of note who wears 24 that im aware of is Kobe, but he only changed to wearing that a few years ago (previously he wore 8), so its prob not that. If it was a homage to a player it would probably be an ex-player (eg Jordan etc), but i think it's prob just a personal thing.

Jordan was 23.

Oh, i am well aware of that!! I was just using him as an example of a common ex player people pick a number because of, not as an example of someone who used that number.

Having said that people use to question whether Kobe choose 24 as it was 1 greater than Jordan's number. Howard's choice could be similar - inspired by Jordan but not the same. For those who don't know Jordan's number in college or high school was 45 which he choose because of his father. He came to use the legendary 23 as at some point (i cant remember if it was when he entered college or the nba) someone already 45, so he picked 23 as it was half 45.

now i feel old.:D

ps .welcome to the forum dude ;)

No need for the walking stick yet, I'm only in my early thirties....:D

It's been about 20 yrs since i seen my first game at Goodison(2-0 against Forest) and football in general has changed a lot since then!

Thanks for the welcome btw...;)

Oh, i am well aware of that!! I was just using him as an example of a common ex player people pick a number because of, not as an example of someone who used that number.

Having said that people use to question whether Kobe choose 24 as it was 1 greater than Jordan's number. Howard's choice could be similar - inspired by Jordan but not the same. For those who don't know Jordan's number in college or high school was 45 which he choose because of his father. He came to use the legendary 23 as at some point (i cant remember if it was when he entered college or the nba) someone already 45, so he picked 23 as it was half 45.

You know I figured as much but was dumb enough to respond anyway.

Sorry bout that. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.