Spurs 'want-away trio' to cost £29m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warzycha's Caterpillar

Player Valuation: £8m
If this is true then Old Wobble Neck truly is an eejit... Some terrific valuations of his own players...
If not then someone should shoot the Messenger.

"Tottenham news - Pienaar move back on, Spurs want £29m from trio, Dawson: We're in title race

By Gareth Messenger
Monday 03 January 2011

Spurs want £29m from trio.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has revealed he will only sell three of his players if bids reach a total of around £29m.

Robbie Keane, David Bentley and Nico Kranjcar are all set to leave White Hart Lane in January but Redknapp is keen to re-coup as much money as possible by selling the three want-away players.

The Daily Mirror reports that Spurs will look to sell Keane £5m whilst getting back the majority of the £15m paid for Bentley when he signed from Blackburn Rovers.

Redknapp is keen to offload Croatian international Kranjcar but has revealed he will only do business if a bid of £9m comes in for the midfielder.

Dawson: We're in title race.

Tottenham Hotspur defender Michael Dawson believes his side are well and truly in the chase for the Premier League title after their home victory to Fulham on New Years’ Day put the White Hart Lane outfit in fourth spot, ahead of London rivals and Premier League champions Chelsea, who again dropped point.

Dawson told sportinglife.com, “We’ve got every chance. There are lots of teams in it.”

The defender saw his side gain all three points against Mark Hughes side courtesy of a Gareth Bale header in the first half.

Dawson was to Spurs’ aid though, clearing an Andy Johnson effort off the line deep in the second half. Tottenham currently lie five points behind leaders Manchester United.

Pienaar move back on.

It seems it is only a matter of time before Steven Pienaar makes his long-awaited move from Everton to Tottenham Hotspur.

Months of rumours have suggested Pienaar is set for the exit door at Goodison Park as early as this month, and even though the South African international’s contract runs out in the summer, it appears Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is willing to pay £1.5m for Pienaar’s services.

Redknapp is looking to add to his squad in preparation for the knockout stages of the Champions’ League and Eva-news.com suggests Pienaar will almost certainly join this transfer window."

I've seen this reported in the Guardian too. He's got no chance. Kranjcar only cost them a couple of million. The only way that they'll get £15m for Bentley is if Blackburn decide to buy all their old boys back, no matter what the cost. Keane is more realistic for £5m, but the clubs that would be interested (Everton, Wolves, West Ham and Fulham) wouldn't be able to justify spending so much on a player of his age.

This sums wobble neck up for me. Only that 'wheeler-dealer' could possibly expect to buy Bentley for £16m, Krancjar fo 1-2m and then expect to make a profit having not played them in the first team.

He is a Turkey-necked-Tosser of Weapon's Grade proportions.

Pienaar would be a great bench warmer for them, playin second fiddle to vandervaart, modric, bale, lennon etc

Obviously we are biased, but I honestly think we are the best club for Pienaar. There aren't many 'bigger' clubs where he is guaranteed to start every week and as he is now at the peak of his career (28/29) then it'd be a huge waste to sit on the bench. I can understand him wanting to win things, but who wants to win things playing 8 games a season?

I've spent two seasons at a non-league side that won trophies...and for the majority of one of them i was benched. I would honestly have preferred to have been elsewhere getting 30+ games.

Pienaar would be a great bench warmer for them, playin second fiddle to vandervaart, modric, bale, lennon etc

Pienaar will be Bale's deputy. Redknapp does like to play Modric out on the left when he bolsters his midfield. He couldn't even get a game on the right because they'll have Lennon and Beckham queueing for a place there. His agent has said that he's weighing up moving to a Champion's League team where he might not play so often.

Wenger has expressed an interest too, but then he'd be up against Arshavin, Walcott, Nasri and Rosicky.

I can appreciate that he's got ambition, but I can't see him playing very often for any of the big boys.

Going back to Spurs, it's understandable that ol' Harry wants to talk up the price of players that he's trying to flog, but we know that he's desperate to offload them. He'll probably put some clubs off making enquiries, if they think the price is likely to be unrealistic.

Obviously we are biased, but I honestly think we are the best club for Pienaar. There aren't many 'bigger' clubs where he is guaranteed to start every week and as he is now at the peak of his career (28/29) then it'd be a huge waste to sit on the bench. I can understand him wanting to win things, but who wants to win things playing 8 games a season?

I've spent two seasons at a non-league side that won trophies...and for the majority of one of them i was benched. I would honestly have preferred to have been elsewhere getting 30+ games.

I'm sure that's his dilemma and why he's taking his time to weigh up his options. It will count against us that we're not able to show any ambition in the transfer market.

I'm sure Pienaar will have a number of options, I don't think the Spurs move is a definite, and I can see him being interested in La Liga or Serie A. Teams like Juventus and Villarreal spring to mind.

As for Tottenham, I'd try to get Gio Dos Santos on loan for a few months. We desperately need someone with a bit of pace and unpredictability.

I'm sure Pienaar will have a number of options, I don't think the Spurs move is a definite, and I can see him being interested in La Liga or Serie A. Teams like Juventus and Villarreal spring to mind.

As for Tottenham, I'd try to get Gio Dos Santos on loan for a few months. We desperately need someone with a bit of pace and unpredictability.

I thought about Dos Santos myself. He might be too unpredictable though. He did alright on loan at Ipswich, but didn't do enough to persuade Galatasaray that he was worth a permanent move.

Has Tottenhams envoy in the middle east not started a thread yet to show that their wantaway players are 'worth' more than ours ?

The 2nd hand car salesman seems to value the stock on his yard as worth far more than anything he's buying in to replace it with.

when his ads should read something like this.....

For Sale
A sporty Irish mid engined number, Had numerous owners throughout the years, with 'flipi colour that can change from white to red to green to white again in the blink of an eye, comes with red raincover. Ownewrs captivated at first but pass on so that everyone else can also enjoy.

For Sale

1 Bentley, costs a mint to run, fine all week but tends to let you down as the weekend approaches, needing another visit to the garage. Car with attitude

I understand from a friend who is a Spurs fan that Reknapp has been told by Levy that to buy he must sell. But 29 mill for those 3 is just plain silly. IMO not worth hafl of that.

I understand from a friend who is a Spurs fan that Reknapp has been told by Levy that to buy he must sell. But 29 mill for those 3 is just plain silly. IMO not worth hafl of that.

We have to sell in order to buy simply because as things stand at the moment, Spurs have no less than 27 full internationals on our books and we can only register 25 for Premier League / Champions League participation.

As far as finances go, Spurs look set to earn an estimated extra £40 million from our UEFA Champions League exploits this season, so there's certainly cash available to fund that 'special player' we've been promised, should he become available in January.

We have to sell in order to buy simply because as things stand at the moment, Spurs have no less than 27 full internationals on our books and we can only register 25 for Premier League / Champions League participation.

As far as finances go, Spurs look set to earn an estimated extra £40 million from our UEFA Champions League exploits this season, so there's certainly cash available to fund that 'special player' we've been promised, should he become available in January.

You have alot of saleable assets, which also comes in handy. You should have no problem raising money for a big money signing.

Any chance of us loaning Dos Santos or anyone of that ilk in your squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.