Sports Illustrated: Donovan's immediate success at Everton could complicate his futur

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

Player Valuation: £25k
Interesting story from SI's Grant Wahl on Donovan's future with the Toffees.

"There is still a chance that Everton may try to extend Donovan's loan. When Moyes came out publicly last week and said that Donovan "unfortunately" would have to return to L.A. in mid-March, those close to the situation viewed it as a potential negotiating tactic with one month to go before Donovan has to come back to MLS. (It's worth noting that Moyes met with Donovan's agent, Richard Motzkin, in England the day before issuing that statement.)

>> Read More: SI

Interesting story from SI's Grant Wahl on Donovan's future with the Toffees.

"There is still a chance that Everton may try to extend Donovan's loan. When Moyes came out publicly last week and said that Donovan "unfortunately" would have to return to L.A. in mid-March, those close to the situation viewed it as a potential negotiating tactic with one month to go before Donovan has to come back to MLS. (It's worth noting that Moyes met with Donovan's agent, Richard Motzkin, in England the day before issuing that statement.)

>> Read More: SI

Wahl usually has very reliable sources and he rarely writes what he can't corroborate. Landon's August should be very interesting at Goodison (and perhaps elsewhere). His April and May will be all about MLS and his June about the World Cup. A lot can change between now and August.

Wahl usually has very reliable sources and he rarely writes what he can't corroborate. Landon's August should be very interesting at Goodison (and perhaps elsewhere). His April and May will be all about MLS and his June about the World Cup. A lot can change between now and August.

if we don't get him before the w.c. then i don't think any of us hold much hope, we aint flush.

I really dont see us getting him now, MLS will want way too much money. Unless something dramatic happens.

Maybe he loves us so much he pays for himself!?! Heres hoping.... :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

EvertonBenderSig.jpg

You can see why the players union over there feel a strike is necessary:

That issue has been magnified by the situations of veterans Kevin Hartman and Dave Van Den Bergh, two players currently out of contract who are in limbo because their respective teams are seeking compensation for their rights despite the fact that both teams declined contract options for the player and neither team intends to sign the player.

Veteran defender Adrian Serioux is in a similar situation, but his status is even more troubling because he played out the full four years of his MLS contract and still remains in limbo because Toronto FC is seeking compensation for his rights.

Hi everyone, another American fan here. It's sad I'm kind of hoping for a work stoppage in MLS, but I just don't want to see Donovan have to come back. He seems to be loving it at Everton and he fits in so well with the team work ethic and style of play. Too bad he didn't finish that chance in the first half.

Hi everyone, another American fan here. It's sad I'm kind of hoping for a work stoppage in MLS, but I just don't want to see Donovan have to come back. He seems to be loving it at Everton and he fits in so well with the team work ethic and style of play. Too bad he didn't finish that chance in the first half.

Agreed. I must ask - do you skew younger? :lol:

No, I'm old- 31. :( Do I sound young?

31's not old. :D

There's a long train of references to the show Arrested Development (where I thought you might have pulled your nick) and Happy Days (which was on before you were born) that explain the 'skew younger' remark. Try Bob Loblaw wiki and you'll find it.

Anyway, good nick! ;)

31's not old. :D

There's a long train of references to the show Arrested Development (where I thought you might have pulled your nick) and Happy Days (which was on before you were born) that explain the 'skew younger' remark. Try Bob Loblaw wiki and you'll find it.

Anyway, good nick! ;)

Oh the reference flew way over my head. Yeah, I'm a big Arrested Development fan, so I guess I should be ashamed for missing that.

We need the Donovan extension. Even his detractors can't complain with 5-1-1 against top teams Arse, Man utd, Chelsea, Sporting Lisbon & even Man City. Nice bit of kraftwerk here a spin on the 80's group.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.