Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised Nkounkou didn’t start to be fair, considering how he has played in the cup.

Probably because he is a left footed full back and our current left back is fully fit.

Overall poor half, but alot of bed wetting on here. People talking [Poor language removed] about Godfrey, really need to have a rethink. We are still miles ahead of where we were and still have the players to come back in this.

Whether we will, is another story. But don't let one half ruin the goodwill created from the previous 5 games.

The team lacks energy and running. Leeds are the complete opposite.

We have too many paceless players: Iwobi, Gilfi,James, and even Allan.

We cannot press up-field and we are being over-run in midfield.

Gordon for Iwobi and another 15 minutes for Gilfi.

Right side was dreadful. Godfrey clearly a centre half covering at right back and James was giving him absolutely no support. You can´t get away with that away from home against decent teams.

Digne and Iwobi were equally as bad.
Were was digne when cross came in for 2nd goal?

Sorry lads that first half is my fault, was given an Everton training top for my birthday.

Thought I’d wear it for good luck....I’ve taken it off now so we’ll win this 3-2 in the second half!

Southampton are a good side, rarely let their levels drop. We haven't been good enough to beat their organisation and pressing unfortunately, and I don't think we've won any 1v1s. Get Gordon on to test them in behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.