Match Thread Southampton v Everton Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imo Coleman needs to be CB, at this point in his career he’s best there, he’s our best leader. Why he’s still playing RB is beyond me. We have Kenny and Patterson that can play there and are more mobile.
Coleman our new hope. Its getting better and better!

We usually do ok against the better teams. Even this season had some decent performances however City way too good for us to even contemplate anything but a slapping.
Spurs will beat us aswell,they won't lose 3 on the bounce at home when we are everybody's cure for a bad run. Soton first clean sheet in 14 today.

Nah, not having that whatsoever. Absolute load of bollocks.
There is a lot of competition tbf. I think the way Benitez set us up to play was criminally poor and awful to watch.

But against Newcastle and Southampton, Lampard has set us up to press and we completely crumbled against not very good opposition. The amount of long-balls in both games (particularly this one)was ridiculous and played right into opposition hands.

This isn't digging out Lampard. I'm really happy we appointed him and I couldn't stand Benitez. I wrote plenty on here about how bad a manager he is long before he made my eyes bleed by having to watch his Everton team.

But, the performances against Southampton and Newcastle were definitely two of our worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.