Match Thread Southampton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The league is stronger than its ever been. Soton are a pretty good team yet they find themselves languishing in relegation territory. It will be difficult for Everton to overhaul City and RS, but our team of lion hearts is made of tough stuff and I have high confidence in how our team will perform

....we are so much better than these teams, it really is a positive that we might have progressed more than our league position reflects.

A concern of Silva’s tactical ability is that we’ve lost games where we’ve been clearly superior. Brands strategy, though, might be working in that we simply have better players.

Have to own up to not watching the full game (been out drinking Guinness) or being a fan of Holgate as a CB, but from what I did see he gets my MoM. I’ve never doubted the game matters to Holgate, I fear for him physically at CB but he coped fine today.

Winning (no matter how) builds confidence.. we have been starved of a run of results and I hop we can build on this.

Nobody is sabotaging us, has a vendetta (insert your favourite conspiracy theory) .. we just have been mismanaged from top to bottom. It’s now up to the players and coach to give us some momentum... sins are easily forgiven or forgotten if we get 3 points

Not the most convincing of wins, but 3pts is 3pts. It was the same old story of not being able to convert possession and pressure into goals and see the game off in the first half, then letting the opposition back into the game during the second half. A bit nervy at times, but at least we got the win.

Picked Mason Holgate for MotM. Thought he did well again.

Mason Holgate MOM although it could have been Tom Davies or Mina. A wee bit concerned about Digne's form (from the high standard he has set) although he still puts himself about. Still unsure if Sidibe is the answer. He does some good stuff but then is caught way out of position or beaten badly by a decent PL winger. (Still, tbf, same as Coleman and Kenny...)

Status
Not open for further replies.