Match Thread Southampton v Everton. 15th Aug at 12.45.

How worried are you?

• Dead worried

Votes: 107 21.9%
  • Pissed off like

Votes: 134 27.5%
  • Not that arsed

Votes: 51 10.5%
  • I'm a grown adult

Votes: 104 21.3%
  • Shakiri is a pipe little hobbit

Votes: 92 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

At halftime I criticized Southampton over commending the performance, very glad to see I had to eat my words at full time. Looked a lot like the team we saw in season one under Martinez, and if we find a solution to play quickly with the ball at home that's a recipe for a top 6 finish.

Just got back. Thoroughly enjoyed that performance. Well done to all, on pitch and off it. Players confidence and body language was very positive. Getting the ball in the danger area much more quickly, on the deck, playing to strengths. Good mix of youth and experience. Well done Kone in particular, what a pass onto Romelu's nut. Great when someone turns it around.

Wait, so we actually get Rom using his pace and running onto things and well, it worked? Who knew.

Seriously though we need to play to his strengths much more often.

We should do a protest every week we'd win the league, great performance from the blues, looks like Barkley's got his confidence back and what a lovely cross from Kone and an unbelievable header from Rom, just hope we can keep this form going now for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.