Match Thread Southampton v Everton. 15th Aug at 12.45.

How worried are you?

• Dead worried

Votes: 107 21.9%
  • Pissed off like

Votes: 134 27.5%
  • Not that arsed

Votes: 51 10.5%
  • I'm a grown adult

Votes: 104 21.3%
  • Shakiri is a pipe little hobbit

Votes: 92 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing result, was really worried we'd lose 2-0 but how wrong was I. Amazing counter attacking and Rom looked up for it. Kone was really really good as well. Our best player so far this season

Still chuffed that we did em like we did

I was quite near the home supporters and got stuck into them a bit after the third goal. Bit naughty I know, but I had to sit there while they mocked me the past two seasons so it was nice to get some revenge

Southampton fans like dishing it out, but they sure can't take it. To be fair looking them dead in the eyes, pointing to my shirt and yelling "these colours don't run" as they were storming out probably didn't help calm the situation down, but hey ho.

But yeah, that was a great weekend. Here's hoping we've turned the corner now

What?! Were people really not happy with the team?!

It was mostly down to people assuming we'd line up with the usual 4-2-3-1, shoehorning Kone and Clev on the wings.

Most people cooled off after it was clear that we weren't, though. And the rest cooled off after Rom slotted goal number 2.

...I have to admit to being pessimistic but I'm sure most of us felt the same. There wasn't much positive vibe. Chuffed at the result, especially for you folk who travelled and @ijjysmith who must be a proud Blue still strutting down there today. Great stuff.

Just a thought, maybe Shaqiri is thinking "Why did I pick Stoke"

I have no doubt that at some point, likely soon, Shaqiri will regret signing for Stoke. However the fact that a team who never bid money for him so he never had any option to "pick" won a game 3-0 will not factor into that.

The best part of this thread was when the team was announced. Turns out that you can't learn all there is to know about football through playing FM and FIFA.

Obviously you can't learn all there is to know about football playing games. Luckily not a single person on earth has ever stated that opinion. So we can all breath a sigh of relief.

The worst part of this (and many other threads) is the number of people straw-manning gamers lately. I haven't played FIFA or FM in a couple of years (may play again soon) but if I had to pick between the opinions of people who play FM/FIFA and watch games or people who read newspapers/sports TV news and watch games I'd go with the FM/FIFA group any day of the week.

If on deadline day, instead of interviewing the maniacs waving dildos at reporters they asked a gamer for their opinion I am sure it would be a more informed opinion. Not as entertaining like but they know more about football than the average fan. And yeah it's unfair to use deadline day fans as an example but so is suggesting everyone who disliked the team is an ardent gamer.

Not playing games has not helped any football pundit or the average fan on the street develop coherent opinions either.

I was going to put a tenner on for a Soton win (just to make the result I expected less painful),given our record there and our form V Watford.Luckily I got side-tracked and didn't even get the result until this morning.Should we park the bus and play on the break at Goodison?

has anyone come up with an explanation for why performances like this completely effed off last season?

Also convince me this is a sign 2013/14 everton are back plz

has anyone come up with an explanation for why performances like this completely effed off last season?

Also convince me this is a sign 2013/14 everton are back plz

Has anyone come up with an explanation for why Kone has turned from a joke figure in to a key player in the space of two games?

ghf1.gif

I have no doubt that at some point, likely soon, Shaqiri will regret signing for Stoke. However the fact that a team who never bid money for him so he never had any option to "pick" won a game 3-0 will not factor into that.

Obviously you can't learn all there is to know about football playing games. Luckily not a single person on earth has ever stated that opinion. So we can all breath a sigh of relief.

The worst part of this (and many other threads) is the number of people straw-manning gamers lately. I haven't played FIFA or FM in a couple of years (may play again soon) but if I had to pick between the opinions of people who play FM/FIFA and watch games or people who read newspapers/sports TV news and watch games I'd go with the FM/FIFA group any day of the week.

If on deadline day, instead of interviewing the maniacs waving dildos at reporters they asked a gamer for their opinion I am sure it would be a more informed opinion. Not as entertaining like but they know more about football than the average fan. And yeah it's unfair to use deadline day fans as an example but so is suggesting everyone who disliked the team is an ardent gamer.

Not playing games has not helped any football pundit or the average fan on the street develop coherent opinions either.
don't think "being a gamer" makes you any more (or less) informed either and this is coming from someone who has gotten fifa basically every year in recent memory. while some of the criticism is over the top, it is ridiculous when people judge players by their FIFA rating or how could they are on there. I know there's some scouting into the game but it doesn't provide anymore insight than reading match reports, watching YT, or in person. They're all the same really.

Status
Not open for further replies.