Southampton 0-0 Everton. 21st Jan @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are lacking inspiration at the minute. I am convinced leighton baines is only aba 40 percent fit and its shows how much we rely on him. The gibbo and jelavic signings made a massive difference this time last year. It shows with the RS right now just how new blood can give everyone a lift and existing players step up their game. Moyes has to work his magic one more time and bring someone in who can be the inspiration to get us going again. If it doesn't happen before the end of the month I think this opportunity will pass us by.

One team was playing modern football on the deck and passing from the back. The other played panic-hoof ball. Sadly it was Everton that as a team proved unable to pass, move, sprint, tackle, shoot or dribble their way out of a paper-bag. Made Southampton look like Real Madrid.

Sure it's difficult with a new manager. Sometimes that galvanises a team but they're a newly promoted struggling side. We should be able to outclass them even if they match us in the fight. We did neither. We were lucky to get the point.

This is where squad depth is killing us. Not the injuries part of it, but this team is gassed. They look dead on their feet. A bit of rotation ability wouldn't go amiss.

Too many players out of form

Jelavic looks like a shadow of the player he was 6 months ago
Pienaar has been very poor. He's gone back to doing clever things 50 yards from goal and running out of ideas and playing aimless square balls.
Osman, Fellaini look like they're believing their own press instead of making it.
Naismith is being played totally out of position and looks lost out on the wing.
Neville has not offered anything at all for a long time now other than just to make up the numbers. Other teams have cottoned onto this as a weakness to target. Why can't Moyes see this?

OTOH Howard has been ON FIRE.

Deserved no more than a draw there. Better for about 20 mins in the second half and had a couple of decent chances. In reality though we should have been 2 or 3 down at half time so can't argue with a point. We just can't make that step to get into 4th and we are slightly below that standard I fear. 5th or 6th for me this season.

The worst performance of the season. All of a sudden Everton decide to become **** in the second half of the season. How neville is in the team at 36 is beyond me and that reflects the lack of creativity. Pienaar and Jelavic were awful, as was Coleman's defending. Jelavic seems yet another striker ruined under Moyes considering how Beattie, AJ and Yak were instant hits and then were not the same players in the following season. We place too much expectation on
Fellaini and need to mix the play with ball played to Jelavic. Naismith is a joke at RM and if he was Cahill's replacement then Cahill would be better off cos he at least created mayem for the defense with jumping. Naismith needs to be played up along Jelavic with Fellaini as CDM. FFS second 0-0.....6th it is.

Theres proof that hes ****e, i've said it for ages now!
When will all you realise he is?

He's clearly lost his confidence and will probably pick up at some point, but I don't think we can wait any longer, we can't afford passengers and Anichebe looks a better player than him right now.

Bet you said that at all our 12 draws this season.

Its poor. Very poor. Swansea at home was poor. This was worse.

They just sacked their manager who got them from league one and the championship to the prem for a bloke who doesn't speak english

Can you explain our lack of goals then? Instead of pointing out the oppositions lack of talent?

We are a negative bunch on here and I know that was a dreadful and atrocious showing from our players. I hope that Moyes makes them pay for that performance. i feel sorry for the fans who travelled all that way to be served that pile of steaming excrement.

But...... There were a few positives from tonight's game (have to think of them to stop me slowly drinking myself to death with bleach)

1. We didn't lose despite the performance - only god knows how
  2. Kevin Mirallas got game time and looked ok
  3. Big Vic showed for 10 minutes that he can play
  4. Surely, we can't play that bad again

Feel free to rant hereafter.......................

Been showing it all season, when fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.