Some of our fans today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every club has a minority of fans who let them down. Don’t be fooled by those trying to make out it’s the majority. The club has thrown us, the fans, the heartbeat of the club under the bus for self preservation.

They added fuel to the fire with that statement before the game yesterday, they could have just chosen not to attend and not made a public statement about it, almost goading a reaction from us.

Where’s the violence?

You keep saying a director was attacked, where’s the evidence of this? Have the police got the culprit in custody? Has he been charged?
The ceo of Everton was apparently assaulted in the stadium but nobody has been arrested or banned , there is no footage of the assault either on phones or cctv nor did any of 39,000 plus fans witness it whilst the media chose not to report it for nearly two weeks and the wider Everton fanbase /community and the city of Liverpool which is frankly a village heard not a whisper .

All extremely believable.

The ceo of Everton was apparently assaulted in the stadium but nobody has been arrested or banned , there is no footage of the assault either on phones or cctv nor did any of 39,000 plus fans witness it whilst the media chose not to report it for nearly two weeks and the wider Everton fanbase /community and the city of Liverpool which is frankly a village heard not a whisper .

All extremely believable.
Exactly. It’s a very dangerous game the board are playing if they can’t substantiate what happened and will only fuel more anger and discontent.

Exactly. It’s a very dangerous game the board are playing if they can’t substantiate what happened and will only fuel more anger and discontent.
It definitely did yesterday people were absolutely furious . I guess it might play well with the media but they’ve alienated a huge portion of the fanbase and quite a few who were ‘on the fence ‘ found themselves moved by the clubs ‘media spin ‘

Every club has a minority of fans who let them down. Don’t be fooled by those trying to make out it’s the majority. The club has thrown us, the fans, the heartbeat of the club under the bus for self preservation.

They added fuel to the fire with that statement before the game yesterday, they could have just chosen not to attend and not made a public statement about it, almost goading a reaction from us.

??

Played it like a violin.

And thats exactly what the rest of the football world is saying today.

Many many many teams have been through worse than us and never attacked players and directors like this.
No players have been attacked, no evidence of any directors being attacked either apart from a mysterious story leaked to the press that hasn’t been commented on officially by the club

Spot on. Sadly Lampard will stay in post now. For Lampard to imply being in a relegation scrap last year is a justification for why we are in one ths year is a sham. To remind him: he has bought 7/8 players who we were all told were just what we needed, had the summer and winter break to mould them into a team and yet not a bit of difference on the pitch.in fact worse. Lampard has to go first then deal with the board later.
I can fully understand the reasons why you agree with the original post, I have a different view. I now believe that with a requirement to get a minimum of 24 points from our remaining 19 games, sadly we are already gone. There is no evidence that there will be sufficient influx of new players to remedy this and we are facing a horrendous and painful journey to the inevitable. In such circumstances, I think it is entirely reasonable that the protests about the Board begin now. From my point of view, having watched that yesterday and having been patronised and lied to, as a season ticket holder for over 18 years, something that we need to explain better, I feel enough is enough. At this stage we have fans advocating different approaches to achieve the same long term goal, removal of the owner and board with sale of the club. Under the current circumstances it is not possible to say which is right or wrong.

Not sure why we are kicking off on the players, they don't go out to lose on purpose. Let's be honest we don't have many quality players or match winners.

Still a few not arsed. All the words in the world pre and post match. But i dont see busting a gut to get a result over the line. Peter reid has called a few of them out. He knows when the heart is not really in it.

It definitely did yesterday people were absolutely furious . I guess it might play well with the media but they’ve alienated a huge portion of the fanbase and quite a few who were ‘on the fence ‘ found themselves moved by the clubs ‘media spin ‘
I only found out when I got in the ground when the lad next to me told us. He’s quite apathetic to it all but he has finally seen the board for what it is.

All clubs have elements in their fanbase that tar the reputation of the majority. The difference is the thresholds for tensions to rise. For us it's fighting relegation consistently, for others it's finishing 2nd in the league.
It's generally a split. The peaceful protest with fan group buy in (older, mature fanbase) vs the more aggressive lot (stone island crew, hoodie, phone generation). The latter thinking that pure passion (aggression) will help. This isn't me knocking the kids but that type of behaviour had kicked the peaceful protest to the side. Now all the outlets social or printed media's will focus on is the videos where players were harassed. Not limited to our young fans, just a generation of revved up kids led to believe that their way is the only way.

Status
Not open for further replies.