So Who is to go and replace with Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem we will face as a club is in the summer if we can't turn our form around who will want to come and play at everton. We don't offer the allure of London that lot's of overseas players crave and our form is making Europe look unlikely. Maybe a good run in the Europa and who knows ,but at the minute you would have to say we are looking at mercenaries out for a big premiership payday, or a British player from the lower leagues,unfortunately
We still have a lot of good players and pay good wages. If we can turn it around and finish strongly it will also help.

I would make a big play for Delph in January. If he can be had for a couple of million he'd be a massive bargain, and by bringing him in we could give ourselves the freedom to get rid of Gibson.

We have a genuine need for fresh legs in midfield and on paper we have four senior CMs. However in reality, we have 2.5 senior CMs, because Gibson never plays and Barry needs to be managed carefully in terms of playing time in order to get the best from him.

Then when Barry either hangs up his boots or is sold to the MLS, Ledson comes into the rotation.
We also have Barkley. I like Delph but I want us to buy a proper touch line winger not a left sided midfielder.

We also have Barkley. I like Delph but I want us to buy a proper touch line winger not a left sided midfielder.
I agree that we need a wide man. Just don't think it's an either / or situation, and I would like to clear out some dead wood - Delph presents an opportunity in that regard. I would be looking for a loan to cover the vacancy on the right wing.

I agree that we need a wide man. Just don't think it's an either / or situation, and I would like to clear out some dead wood - Delph presents an opportunity in that regard. I would be looking for a loan to cover the vacancy on the right wing.
Personally I would prefer a permanent however only if it's someone we would have bought in the summer too.

Get the better players back and all the team in the right positions and we may see a bit of a winning run. We know which players are below par or on borrowed time. So either they buck up or they need shipping out.

I'd sell/retire : Howard, Baines, Distin, Barry, Pienaar, Osman, Hibbert, Gibson, McGeady (and return Atsu to Chelsea)

...and I'd get in players who are younger, fitter, faster and better. First on the list : Gerard Deulofeu. Next most important is a decent keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.